CoinPeople.com

question about a 2 kopecks siberian

SOMMER

hello everybody ;)

at first i wish to everybody a very good new year ;)

just a question, is it common to see a double strike ( is nt it ??) on a 2 kopecks siberian??

here is the link..

the link

thank you in advance

regards from france :ninja:

jean

2 kop is very interesting. Never had a double struck Siberian. Cannot see why it could not exist -- whole bunch of double struck 5 kop of the period... I see no problem on the photo. Ruble is cleaned, but probably original. 1 kop has that nasty green stuff on it. All in all, interesting lot. I would not buy it for that price, but do not want to offend GX with my explanation why. :ninja:

Nah don't worry about it BKB. Not a lot that I would be willing to pay that much money either although I guess that's what it goes these days. I reckon it was the ruble that hiked up the price - never seen one of those wings down ruble going any less than 100USD even in awful condition. I guess it's silly market condition these days.

thank you for all your answers, i asked you partcularly concerning the siberian coin, i never seen or have read it about a double struck on siberian coin,i m luccky for his coin.I m conscient of the grade of other coins, the face with eagle is really in good grade although this coin was cleaned, but the other is poor (vf- ,i think), you see prices of roubles 1831 wings down on the net are important again, whether the market is falling

I think such errors are possible, no reason why there can't be any double struck Siberian coins.

So something like this is completely possible although not commonly seen:

901661.jpg

Sometimes it seems to me that some Russian error coins can be obtained for a bargain - it just doesn't seem to be too "hot". Not too sure if others agree me with on that.

Sometimes it seems to me that some Russian error coins can be obtained for a bargain - it just doesn't seem to be too "hot". Not too sure if others agree me with on that.

There are quite a few errors available actually, which can explain some of the price part.

i think Russian coinage of the period was produced under a bit less "quality control" shall we say, than those of other governments.

Just look at all of the wonderfull overstrikes! what other country so effeciently revised the value of copper over the course of 100 years, no less than 6 times, without going to the trouble of melting down the old ones?

UPDATE!!!! Saw a WONDERFUL Siberian 10 kop today. Huge! Doublestruck! Very original and beatuful! Steve will confirm. Too bad I do not collect Siberian copper... ;) Thus, doublestruck Siberians do exist.

Just wondering - where did you have a chance to see such a wonderful coin? :ninja: Is it still available ?

Just wondering - where did you have a chance to see such a wonderful coin? :ninja: Is it still available ?

Very interesting. I thought you did not want to buy Russian coins anymore... Where would I get that idea? Someone must have told me... Ahh ;) I remember. It was you saying that to me like 20 times today!!! ;)

UPDATE!!!! Saw a WONDERFUL Siberian 10 kop today. Huge! Doublestruck! Very original and beautiful! Steve will confirm. Too bad I do not collect Siberian copper... :ninja: Thus, doublestruck Siberians do exist.

Confirmed! It was very nice. Too bad I'd spent all my money already ;)

Archived