CoinPeople.com

New eBay Fraud E-mail

jtryka

They just keep coming up with more ingenius methods every day! The latest one I received is made to look like a question submitted from another eBay member, asking in effect, "Where is my item, I paid for it and have not received it, if you don't respond I will report you to eBay." Well, fortunately I don't sell much, and this was sent to the wrong e-mail address, so I didn't click any links, but sent it right to "spoof@ebay.com" and sure enough it was just another fraud attempt. Very professional looking overall though, it seemed quite real. So be on your guard and when you are in doubt, don't click an e-mail link, forward it to eBay first.

Just a little friendly advice, never click on any link in any email. Always go to a know good link to see if the request is for real. All secured web sites will have the request wanting for you after you login. The email should just be a notice that you have something waiting for you.

I always get e-mails from "banks" where I have no account asking me to send all of my information to them.

Bunchafrigginlowlife

Archived