CoinPeople.com

What now

numismatic nut

I just got coin holders from littleton coin,and they say I owe them $2.80 .Just got it today,and wondering what to do?Would a check be written out?Or would A money order work?I know sending cash is a bad Idea.But I am 12 and this has never happned before.I want to buy from them agin,but I do not want this to happen to me agin.Please help. :ninja:

Howdy numismatic nut - Welcome to the Forum !!

First of all let me make a suggestion for you - do not buy coins from Littleton, you can get them much cheaper elsewhere. I wouldn't buy supplies or anything else from them for that matter.

Now as to your problem, let me ask you this - did you order these coin holders from Littleton or did they just send them to you ? If you ordered them, then yes by all means pay for them - a Money Order would be just fine.

But I asked if you did order them because Littleton is famous for sending coins and other stuff to collectors that they did not order or ask for them to sent in the first place. And if people go ahead and pay for these unrequested coins or supplies then Littleton will continue to send you unsolicted items for years - always expecting you to just pay for them. DO NOT just pay for them. You are not required to pay for stuff that people just send you. You have 2 options - you can return the coins at your expense - meaning you pay for the postage etc. Or you can just keep them and ignore the bill - never paying for them. If you do just keep them and not pay for them, then Littleton will stop sending you stuff that you didn't ask for.

Howdy numismatic nut - Welcome to the Forum !!

First of all let me make a suggestion for you - do not buy coins from Littleton, you can get them much cheaper elsewhere. I wouldn't buy supplies or anything else from them for that matter.

Now as to your problem, let me ask you this - did you order these coin holders from Littleton or did they just send them to you ? If you ordered them, then yes by all means pay for them - a Money Order would be just fine.

But I asked if you did order them because Littleton is famous for sending coins and other stuff to collectors that they did not order or ask for them to sent in the first place. And if people go ahead and pay for these unrequested coins or supplies then Littleton will continue to send you unsolicted items for years - always expecting you to just pay for them. DO NOT just pay for them. You are not required to pay for stuff that people just send you. You have 2 options - you can return the coins at your expense - meaning you pay for the postage etc. Or you can just keep them and ignore the bill - never paying for them. If you do just keep them and not pay for them, then Littleton will stop sending you stuff that you didn't ask for.

Good advice right there.

Yep, I just kept them, and they sent me ANOTHER batch with an order to pay. I finally called the number and thanked them for the presents, and told them any future shipments they sent would also be considered free gifts. That finally got rid of them.

I ran into that problem with them when I was 14 and ordered an ancient Indian coin. They kept sending coins, which I had to send back at my expense, so finally I wrote them and thanked them for the gift and never heard from them again. Any unsolicited stuff that comes in the mail does NOT have to be paid for, it is effectively a gift, and this is a US Postal Service regulation, because of much abuse of this back in the 1920's and 1930's.

As GDJMSP advises, best not to have anything to do with Littleton in the first place. They give you a very bad first impression of coin businesses when you are a nascent collector.

Thats the same thing I did with them they sent coins I sent them back. The last batch I just kept and called and told them I couldn't afford to send them back I got no more from them.

As GDJMSP advises, best not to have anything to do with Littleton in the first place. They give you a very bad first impression of coin businesses when you are a nascent collector.

le sigh... They were some of my first bad experiences... I still see the gold-plated SBA and the re-plated steelies in my collection... Well, I learned from that experience and I'm a very shrewd collector as a result - which in itself is a good thing and a bad thing.

I sent out for them.I do admit that they are half dirty,but I don't buy much from them.Would the problen be that I sent them a little note that said they would get a free gift?They sent me 250 "free"profit shares and a "free" wallet to keep them in.Is that it.I live right at the tip of lake superior and there arn't too many shows.But at shows I cherry pick lots of things (like ms-65 1955-D washington quarters).So I mail order lots of things.The company I have the bigest problem with is chatanoga.They send me a ASE. slabed ms-70 that has contact marks.I send the coin back,and ask for my money,and I get the sasme coin back,"fixed".They probaly wized it.So I think littlton is not good,but better than chatonoga.

1. Everything GDJMSP said and double. Never, ever deal with Littleton.

2. If you can or want to go to a bank and get a money order for that amount and send it to them as long as you ordered the stuff.

3. I mention if you want to since there is nothing they can do to a 12 year old. I hate them so much if it was my son I'd send them only a letter saying your bothering me with a stupid bill. My son is 12 so sue him for it. So who on Earth can sue a 12 year old? What are they going to do about it? And then there is the postage. $0.41 for a stamp to pay $2.80? I'd say let them sue you for it. Imagine spending thousands of dollars to sue a 12 year old for $2.80. Nuts. Never happen.

4. never, ever, ever deal with Littleton again. IF, and I say IF you want you could send them a letter saying your 12 and don't know what your doing yet. No money though.

dont you have to be 18 or older to buy from online coins shops?? i mean im only 17 and have bought from goldeaneaglecoins.com and valleycoin.com. i find valley coin a very good place to buy coins and i accedently made two orders of the same thing and the owner called and chatted with me!! hes a very nice guy and said its not a problem for the mess up. i dd forget to ask him if he was a colllector or just a seller. if he was by chance a collecter i would of invited him here.. eh goldeneagle coins are ok never cheated me i bought 3 orders of 1000 1958-1940 wheaties ( before copper was up) and on the last order there as 4 merc dimes!!!eh and a stray 30s and 20s wheatie.

dustin

Archived