CoinPeople.com

Treasure anyone?

Art

The Bridge family pot of gold was buried near Eaton, Preble County, in the early nineteenth century and has never been recovered.

At Rockford, Mercer County, loot of bank robbers has been found, but more is believed to be in the area.

whoa!!! ive been in both places and ddnt see any loot!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My dad had the opportunity to find the rest of a buried "treasure" trove. The family had a map, and found some of it, but couldn't find the rest. After a couple of hours digging into galvanized plumbing pipes, exactly where the map showed coins where buried, dad finally gave up.

Later, the family sold the land to a local Realtor for development of a an apartment complex. When the bulldozers dug up the pipes, guess what was underneath? Yes, mason jars full of silver coins. The total was supposed to be $20,000, but that was what was reported. It was closer to $60,000 and this was in the 70's!

Dad has never been the same since. lol

Just how many actually think that when a pile of money if found buried that it is reported? I don't think 99% of what is found in the ground is ever reported to anyone. I was working on a construction site not long ago where a road was under construction. One construction worker showed me a bag of coins he had accumulated during the excavations. Some Gold, most Silver and many unknown. Even his boss didn't know about them. Why would anyone report finding money?

I can see that now on an Federal tax form. "Income from found monies". Yeah, right.

The construction site I was referring to was on a close to 100 year old roadway. Workers found many, many bottles and other items from way, way back also. Even old wood was taken away in trucks not associated with the organization doing the work. Found were some strange square blocks of stone that were also hauled away. A room was discovered underground made of wood and was also taken away by who knows who. There are lots of things under the ground that when found, just dissapear into some mysterious place and know one knows.

Archived