British Empire/Commonwealth Coins

Johnny 1989

More recent additions:

Cyprus

926087.jpg

Some kind of Bull/Tadpol hybrid ?!?!

Guernsey

926091.jpg

Decimal coins issued between 1971-1984, from 1985 QEII's head replaced the Guernsey symbol, both types still circulate

British India

926097.jpg

I've only managed to upload 3 British India coins so far, this one is virtually uncirculated, except for the two dark marks that have perminately stained it :ninja:

Isle Of Man

926100.jpg

926106.jpg

926104.jpg

Proof, that in all of the bizarre coins issued in IOM here are three excellent coins. The top two are from the "Millennium" series issued between 2000-2004 The bottom one from the 1980-1984 series

Nigeria

926109.jpg

One of several recent British Nigeria coins added, this one is my favourite the Three Pence

St Helena & Ascension

926111.jpg

Anothern SH&A coin that has "escaped" although it's of the larger issue so can't be spent no more.

Hello.

Those are some beautiful coins. Well done. I especially like the George V/Fiji coin.

Since you are dealing with the commonwealth, do you have any suggestions for easy to read literature, if one wishes to collect George V coins? I simply adore his portrait and I am thinking of expanding my collections to add George V. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get a good glance at the quantities of states and coins. I have got Krause, but he is not that great if one wants to collect transboundary.

Hello.

Those are some beautiful coins. Well done. I especially like the George V/Fiji coin.

Since you are dealing with the commonwealth, do you have any suggestions for easy to read literature, if one wishes to collect George V coins? I simply adore his portrait and I am thinking of expanding my collections to add George V. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get a good glance at the quantities of states and coins. I have got Krause, but he is not that great if one wants to collect transboundary.

Hi, thanks for the comments. Unfortunately I don't know of any literature regarding commonwealth coins, I found out about most via this excellent website:

http://worldcoingallery.com/

Hope that helps you in your quest for George V/VI coins. I am planning to post a little "museum" here on the board soon. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
East Africa

924775.jpg

One of my favourites, a George VI British East Africa shilling, which is actually the same size as the British Florin (Two Shillings) coin, rather than the shilling. Alot of British East Africa coins do not follow the same dimensions of the British coins of the day.

:ninja: i have the same 1 but 1950 an shiney (not cleaned though ;) it was with my mum since she was a kid nvr cleaned it :D ) i really like it 1 of my best brit empire coins :D. however ;) y dont u have many east india company coins or indian coins (brit empire time) ;) since they r most common to come across ;) i got 2 east india company 4 victoria's 3 edwards an 6 george VI i dont buy em usually some 1 in my family has em (except the east india ones ,the victoria's an edward's i bought cause no1 from my family lived here at that time xD :D ) since it was used as money here in bahrain before :D

:ninja: i have the same 1 but 1950 an shiney (not cleaned though ;) it was with my mum since she was a kid nvr cleaned it :D ) i really like it 1 of my best brit empire coins :D. however ;) y dont u have many east india company coins or indian coins (brit empire time) ;) since they r most common to come across ;) i got 2 east india company 4 victoria's 3 edwards an 6 george VI i dont buy em usually some 1 in my family has em (except the east india ones ,the victoria's an edward's i bought cause no1 from my family lived here at that time xD :D ) since it was used as money here in bahrain before :D

Hi I do actually have quite a few British India coins but I'm yet to upload them on the account. I try to do one example of each rather than one for every year as I don't really see the point of putting the same coin on there with different years. I only do that if there is any slight differences between the designs (Change of monarch profile, or in the case of the Gibraltar £1's, the different mint marks).

I came back from Cyprus just three hours ago this morning & won't be returning to work untill next Monday so I should be able to post some pics of the British India Coins :wub:

• 2 years later...

Archived