CoinPeople.com

Banknote Wiki.

Guest Aidan Work

Interesting, I've signed up :ninja: Series D BoE banknotes on their way (except for the £50)

Please let me know if the images are too big or need the "specimen" tags added & I'll do so

Not sure if anyone could help here at all, I'm trying to add images to the article, I have uploaded the images & have pressed embeded image but when I previewed the page the image didn't come out so I'm not sure what I have done wrong.

Can anyone help at all?

Webpage here: http://banknotewiki.com/wiki/index.php?tit...gland_Banknotes

200th Post ;)

There already is an online Pick catalog.

Ron Wise's website is one of the best sites there is for world banknotes.

http://www.banknoteworld.com

They even have alot of the Specialized issues listed with pics

I love Ron's site. It has been so useful to me in my Bank Note collecting endeavor.

Interesting, I've signed up ;) Series D BoE banknotes on their way (except for the £50)

Please let me know if the images are too big or need the "specimen" tags added & I'll do so

Not sure if anyone could help here at all, I'm trying to add images to the article, I have uploaded the images & have pressed embeded image but when I previewed the page the image didn't come out so I'm not sure what I have done wrong.

Can anyone help at all?

Webpage here: http://banknotewiki.com/wiki/index.php?tit...gland_Banknotes

200th Post ;)

I have no idea how, but I managed to fix it. All I did was delete your image tags, and put them back in again. :ninja:

grats on 200, btw! ;)

I'm guilty of doing that as well. ;)

When I first started collecting world notes, Ron Wise website is a great help. When I go through Straits Settlements section, there are many pieces not available. There are also many banknotes from some countries which have been asked to remove their banknotes scan by the authority or Central banks.

:ninja:

I have no idea how, but I managed to fix it. All I did was delete your image tags, and put them back in again. :ninja:

grats on 200, btw! ;)

Thanks for that ;) I might need your help later when I do the £1, £5 & £10 notes of that series ;)

Also going to do the Series C banknotes however I won't do the Series E onwards notes, the BoE is really narky when it comes to their notes, which I could understand about the current releases but considering the last Series D note was seen in circulation in 1996 and even then there wasn't many £50 notes in circulation anyway I don't see why they get so narky about it.

If those images HAVE to be removed then you might as well delete the whole article. However if all that is required is to stamp the word "Specimen" on there then so be it I'll re upload the images and delete the others. However seeing as these notes are so old I really can't see the problem.

If it's because someone can take one back & get a new note at face value then the question I ask is, Who is really THAT sad enough to fake some 1970 £20 & take them to the BoE with a risk of been arrested ;)

Guest Aidan Work

Johnny,you could post the banknote photos up into the Banknote Wiki,then the Bank of England wouldn't need to know that you posted photos of their notes up there.Collectors do have a right to know what's been issued & want to know what the notes look like.

Aidan.

Johnny,you could post the banknote photos up into the Banknote Wiki,then the Bank of England wouldn't need to know that you posted photos of their notes up there.Collectors do have a right to know what's been issued & want to know what the notes look like.

Aidan.

I suppose, I have posted them in my banknote bank folder as well however I won't post current circulating notes, due to counterfits (sp), which is a personal choice of mine, however I'm working round to doing Series D, Series E (MkI a/:ninja: & Series E (MkII) once they have been taken fully out of circulation.

I finally have all of Series C notes now (my £10 note turned up today, they're absolutely huge compared to current ones) so I'll also write about those.

Also when I finally get roudn to it I'll do the Series A/B together on one page, mainly due to the fact that the only notes issued under Series A were the 10/- & £1 and the only note issued under Series B is the £5

Archived