CoinPeople.com

BIG purchase for me!

thedeadpoint

HUGE day for my collecting career

Since I'm at school most of the year, I don't get to go to many shows or shops AND I don't have much spending money. Even when I am at home, the nearby shops aren't able to cater to my needs. So, the Baltimore shows are the only times of the past few years I can add to my collection. Today I took a almost 3 hour drive, got a traffic ticket ;) and layed down the most money I've earned in a long while.

Now, I don't have a huge budget like many of you, so the notes I added today are a BIG BIG deal to me for a few reasons: 1) one was my biggest numismatic purchase ever, 2) one of the notes is the key to my measly series of choice.

In the coin and note series I have slowly been working on, I haven't ever found a key to the respective series. The planets lined up on this one: 1) had the funds (the hard part in my opinion!) 2) was determined to spend it on this one note and 3) was able to locate an affordable example of the note. (I've seen plenty of 1934S and 1928 Peace Dollars in all grades walk past me. As much as I needed them, I didn't have one of the above 3 needs met so they are still missing from my Peace collection.)

Anywho, 'nuff yappin'. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. The pics didn't come out as well as I wished and they aren't in the prettiest shape, even in person.

1928 B STAR $1 Silver Certificate - Friedberg 1602* - 674,597,808 regular notes issued. Not a hard note to find but price vs. grade is still an issue to me.

905756A.jpg

905756B.jpg

1928 E $1 Silver Certificate - Friedberg 1605 - 3,519,324 regular notes issued. A key regular-issue note of the whole $1 Silver Cert. series. THE key of the 1923 and later series' notes. I can't recall seeing one of these at a show in the past few years I've been scoping. Even if I did see one, chances are it would have an astronomical (all relative ;) ) price tag! She ain't perfect but she fills a huge hole.

905757A.jpg

905757B.jpg

Anywho, I don't mean to brag. The latter is a huge deal for me for reasons mentioned above. And... I always have to look at all of your gorgeous notes and whipe the resulting drool off of my keyboard.

I also picked up the newest edition of the Friedberg reference for US Paper Money. It's considered one of the best references for US Currency and I see why. I'll be able to answer questions on notes when you need them :ninja:

HUGE day for my collecting career

Since I'm at school most of the year, I don't get to go to many shows or shops AND I don't have much spending money. Even when I am at home, the nearby shops aren't able to cater to my needs. So, the Baltimore shows are the only times of the past few years I can add to my collection. Today I took a almost 3 hour drive, got a traffic ticket :D and layed down the most money I've earned in a long while.

Now, I don't have a huge budget like many of you, so the notes I added today are a BIG BIG deal to me for a few reasons: 1) one was my biggest numismatic purchase ever, 2) one of the notes is the key to my measly series of choice.

In the coin and note series I have slowly been working on, I haven't ever found a key to the respective series. The planets lined up on this one: 1) had the funds (the hard part in my opinion!) 2) was determined to spend it on this one note and 3) was able to locate an affordable example of the note. (I've seen plenty of 1934S and 1928 Peace Dollars in all grades walk past me. As much as I needed them, I didn't have one of the above 3 needs met so they are still missing from my Peace collection.)

Anywho, 'nuff yappin'. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. The pics didn't come out as well as I wished and they aren't in the prettiest shape, even in person.

1928 B STAR $1 Silver Certificate - Friedberg 1602* - 674,597,808 regular notes issued. Not a hard note to find but price vs. grade is still an issue to me.

905756A.jpg

905756B.jpg

1928 E $1 Silver Certificate - Friedberg 1605 - 3,519,324 regular notes issued. A key regular-issue note of the whole $1 Silver Cert. series. THE key of the 1923 and later series' notes. I can't recall seeing one of these at a show in the past few years I've been scoping. Even if I did see one, chances are it would have an astronomical (all relative ;) ) price tag! She ain't perfect but she fills a huge hole.

905757A.jpg

905757B.jpg

Anywho, I don't mean to brag. The latter is a huge deal for me for reasons mentioned above. And... I always have to look at all of your gorgeous notes and whipe the resulting drool off of my keyboard.

I also picked up the newest edition of the Friedberg reference for US Paper Money. It's considered one of the best references for US Currency and I see why. I'll be able to answer questions on notes when you need them :ninja:

Nice notes. ;););)

isn't it amazing how a regular-looking silver certificate can cost more than a bison/chief/woodchopper note in the same grade? if i didn't collect them myself, i'd think small-sizers were crazy. :ninja:

Thanks!

You couldn't have put it any better. I was reading in the book I bought that no one, not even the wealthiest collectors, have assembled a complete, uncirculated small-size note collection. That means only up to $10,000 denomination and only since the 1920s!

Archived