CoinPeople.com

Cleaning Slabs

Art

I've got a few slabs that have sticker residue and such on them. I want to clean them up but not get overly fanatical about it. I'm thinking of some nice calm spray cleaner on a paper towel. Any recommendations or cautions you'd like to share?

They make a product called Goo Gone. Its made to take off glue. Its at your hardware store.

Thought about that but I was worried that it might react badly with the plastic in the slabs. Ever use it?

Goo be Gone works really well for me. I don't think it reacts badly with plastic. You might try using it on some test plastic or a bad slab, but it should work well.

Goo gone will melt & haze the slab if left on too long.

I still use it anyway. Just don't put it directly in the slab - put a little on a paper towel and wipe the glue off with it.

Not being much of a slab collector I cannot vouch for cleaning slabs, but I have used Goo gone on other stuff and it is fine. But after you use it I would recommend then taking a water dampened cloth and wiping the surface you just cleaned to make sure you get the Goo Gone material completely off of the plastic surface to prevent issues in the future with hazing etc. as GPNYC noted.

Archived