CoinPeople.com

Photomontage (Photo composites)

bill

I've been experimenting with ways to show my coins in photographs that make them interesting for the numismatist and non-collector alike. I've started with my historic medals and jetons where I can search for early images that are more likely than not to be out of copyright. In any event, I've not yet thought about selling any of the images, so copyright is a little less dicey. You can see the beginnings of my ideas in some of my museum posts of medals and jetons. I've posted some of the actual montages here for comment.

328769210_f61afba4e4_b.jpg

A very nice approach you are taking. Looks very time-consuming but in my opinion, worth every minute you spent. Great job!

That is actually VERY nice bill. There is something similar to most of the world modern coin sets like this one here I have: http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=257667 but none for the older coins. Would be very nice to see what will happen. :ninja:

Yes, the Korean mounts are a similar idea. (Well, my idea is similar to something they have already done, and others have done similar things as well, there are few truely orginal ideas). What I like about the approach is that it broadens the interest beyond the coin itself for the none collector.

• 1 month later...

I'm working towards something like that. For now, you can see how my ideas are coming together.

Archived