CoinPeople.com

NL: €5 Belastingdienst

tabbs

Now here is a coin that represents ... Your Tax Euros At Work. :ninja:

In November the Dutch Mint issues a new collector coin, with the theme "200 years Belastingdienst". There will be a €5 silver piece, and also a gold coin. The designs will be available in a couple of days. The Belastingdienst is (more or less) the Dutch equivalent of the IRS. Maybe this will be a coin with a big hole in the middle, hehe.

Christian

In November the Dutch Mint issues a new collector coin, with the theme "200 years Belastingdienst". . . . . The Belastingdienst is (more or less) the Dutch equivalent of the IRS.

sshhh! here in the u.s. commemorative coins are usually fundraisers for something related to the subject of the coin ... "that's how we'll solve the deficit ... we'll issue IRS commemorative coins!"

i'm interested ... i'm guessing the design will feature a building ?!?

A building, hmm, I dunno. Since the begining of times, our "IRS" uses the same blue coloured envelopes for their mail, so the coins should be that shade of blue. Or maybe not, since it's probably one of the most hated shades of blue here... :ninja:

To be honest, I have no idea how the revere of that coin will look like. I will get one for myself, whether I like the design or not, since I "need" it for my collection.

A building, hmm, I dunno.

No, not a building. But it is an interesting design:

BelastingVijfje_ontwerp2.jpg

The designer combined a coin from 1806 with one from 2006 ... So yes, Erik, please add my name to the "Me Too" list. :ninja:

Christian

Gotcha :ninja:

from the Royal Dutch Mint web site:

Designer Hennie Bouwe is responsible for the fantastic design. He says about it: "I wanted to visiualize the positive side of 200 years tax service with a coin in a coin. With this I symbolize a core that stands for 200 years of tax, serving our society. Since in 1806 also the first orders to design coins were given, I have placed a coin from then and a coin from now in the core. Together they form the basis of a new legal tender in our society."

No, not a building. But it is an interesting design:

BelastingVijfje_ontwerp2.jpg

that is a cool design ... I think I'd be interested in two of these.

what's the text surrounding the queen's portrait on the obverse? YOU OWE US * PAY UP NOW * YOU OWE US * PAY UP NOW * ... :ninja:

Is that actually text on the obverse? The single elements seem to have about the same length - too "uniform" for real words IMO. But I could be wrong. :ninja:

I also wonder whether the coin will have a bimetallic look. Guess it will be a silver piece again, but the "modern coin" depicted looks as if it had more than one color, like the €2 pieces. Hmm.

Christian

Is that actually text on the obverse? The single elements seem to have about the same length - too "uniform" for real words IMO. But I could be wrong. :ninja:

I am just going by the image, but if you look to the left of the date there is an empty space and the same at 8 o'clock in the center of the coin. It seems as if there are sentences circling there way towards the center. Perhaps the legal text regarding the foundation or duty of the institution?

I also wonder whether the coin will have a bimetallic look. Guess it will be a silver piece again, but the "modern coin" depicted looks as if it had more than one color, like the €2 pieces. Hmm.

Christian

My guess is one color. It would be neat to have a latent image of the current euro design and a design from the year in question.

I do think Sir Sisu is right on the text and I'm pretty sure it's a 92.5% silver coin. This design will be available in three different coins:

0.9250 Silver €5 in circ. quality, available at face value

0.9250 Silver €5 in proof, price €27.95

0.9000 Gold €10 in proof, price €164.95

I'm wondering how many mint marks and privy marks will be present on this coin.... I can see in the reverse image athat there's three marks at the "bottom", but the two coins that are depicted, normally have mint marks as well, on the depicted sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that better images of the coin design are available, we know what the "mysterious" text means. :ninja: Apparently they simply list all the years between 1806 and 2006 ...

Here http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7609/belastoa7.jpg is an image that I scanned from the new issue (11/2006) of MünzenRevue. (Edit:) A better/more detailed one is http://www.muntenhuis.nl/images/belastingzilver-gr.jpg here.

In addition to the €5 coin (that will be available at face value, mintage somewhere around 500,000) there will also be two proof versions: €5 silver (mintage 15,000) and €10 gold (mintage 5,500).

Christian

• 1 month later...

ok, due to my vacation and the fact that I kinda forgot about this, a bit later than intended:

I have them :ninja:

[picture will be added here, later]

1 x Trantor_3

2 x Henare

1 x tabbs

1 x Tiffibunny

1 x Banivechi

2 x Sir Sisu

1 x ccg

I'll try to find out about postage tomorrow and then I'll let you know what the total cost will be. The coin itself is face value: €5.

Due to the computer problems I had recently, I lost many of my CP member adresses, can you please PM me your addresses again?

ok, due to my vacation and the fact that I kinda forgot about this, a bit later than intended

No problem at all - thanks for getting these! Actually I won't be back in Germany until 9-Dec. So as far as I am concerned, take your time. :ninja: PM to come ...

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived