CoinPeople.com

Secrets of the US Mint

Tiffibunny

Patrick recorded this show for me earlier this week and I just got around to watching it, it's really good. Focuses on San Fran and West Point, shows how the coins are made from metal to finished product. I just wanted to let you all know that it will be on again in case anyone wants to see it or record it.

Secrets of the U.S. Mint - Travel Channel - Wednesday 4/26 9:00 am CT

Very cool program. It takes a lot more work to make a coin then most people realize. It's always nice to see where these common items that bring so much money come from.

I watched part of it again. Very cool to see the bullion coins all thru the production process. They even cover error coins on the show.

Travel channel sometimes airs the 'sectrets of the BEP' along with it. There was one other cool program on the history channel a couple of years back that actually showed the entire process from electrotype/ prototype production and the reducing process before hubs and dies are made.

Bummer I don't get Travel Channel her ein the Netherlands

Anyone with a DVD recorder around there in the USA who can record this for me?

I humbly repeat this request. Even a VHS copy would work for me. Or perhaps Erik could briefly forward the DVD to me?

Archived