CoinPeople.com

A coin fair here in Sydney, Australia

gxseries

I recently had a decent time here in a coin fair here. The coin fair was moved from the city central to a slightly rural area so that there would be more dealer spaces and car parking, hoping to draw more visitors. Well I kinda of doubt about that, as number of visitors are not too high although there seemed to be more dealers.

While it was fun to see dealers that you recognize, it was a real horror that most of the Russian coins that I have been hunting down were either bought out, and hence almost a genuine lack of real Imperial Russian coins. ;) The only ones left were probably some ultra expensive 1738 rubles and an overstriked 1742 over Ionna III ruble and Siberian kopeks but other than that were left with the common Soviet commemorative coins that I have already.

Neverthless, it seems that there were plenty of coins sold, from cheap ones to really expensive coins - I have seen several people buying gold coins in cold hard cash which easily exceeds 1000USD in a single transaction ;)

To add to the horror - I met with someone that I have dealt online but never in real life! ;) It started off as someone was looking to buy the same field as I was looking for and as a thought, I might as well make friends as him. It wasn't until I got his name and email address and it made me to think, only to come back home to check that I have indeed sold him a Pavel I ruble in the past! :lol: Great! I now know a real competitor in real life!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that a bad news? ;)

Regardless, I refused to go back home until I hunted some decent coins at a ridicious price, some gone as low as 50%. Yes, PERHAPS IT IS TIME TO STOP COLLECTING MORE RUSSIAN COINS! :ninja:

And I guess... pictures are important :cry:

Lot1 front

Lot1 back

Lot2 front

Lot2 back

I probably will scan the pamplets that I got later on today, after taking all these photographs...

I think I will start to sell at least half of what you see there, so if you are interested, PM me before it gets too late!

Archived