CoinPeople.com

A shrunken head

Ian

This is what happens when an Ike dollar gets caught up in a powerful electromagentic field. It gets condensed....as in `shrunk'....as in `Honey i've just shrunk Ike'.

This coin is genuine and was shrunk using a Tesla coil by a guy who used to frequent r.c.c.

Kind of made me more conscious about the potential effects of constant exposure to electromagetism on us mere humans.

909899.jpg

That's neat. I remember see whole sets of coins that he had shrunk. Haven't been to rcc in a long time.

That's pretty cool. Did it get any thicker?

I've seen shrunken coins but never been able to really check them out.

Yes, it's a bit thicker. No mass loss in the shrinkage, just structurally altered. :ninja:

That's neat. I remember see whole sets of coins that he had shrunk. Haven't been to rcc in a long time.

His experiments were fascinating :ninja:. I got this one a few years back when he still posted on rcc. I've not seen him around there for quite some time. Although I check it out every now and then, I don't post there much myself these days.

Yes, it's a bit thicker. No mass loss in the shrinkage, just structurally altered. :ninja:

Makes me want to get one and do some measurements now.......add that to my list for this weekends shows!

You can pick just about any coin if you want one.

http://205.243.100.155/frames/interesting1.html

Interesting!

This brings some questions to mind. This practice is apperantly legal I am assuming; like elongated cents?

Are these no longer considered legal tender or could someone still use these? Also, do any legal prohibitions exist as to what can be done to a coin? Or is defacement only applied to banknotes?

Archived