CoinPeople.com

NEW PAPER MONEY COLLECTOR

richard

I am new at collecting paper money. I started a few years ago casually and recently started to learn more about it. I do not have preferences, but do like paper money from Latin America in general. Have interest in Dominican Republic's Trujillo issued series.

Would greatly appretiate any tips anyone can give. I really do not know how to buy paper money besides ebay. I tried an exchange website but it's been a week and the very few people I contacted I have not heard back from.

Any help, tip, exchange and reasable sale would be greatly appretiated.

Richard

Great to have a new banknote collector in this forum. I am also new to this forum. I find collecting banknotes more appealing than coins since I started both at the same time 19 years ago but never venture out into world banknotes but later drop the coin collection. Only about 2 years ago, I went into collecting world solid number banknotes. It's a great lifetime hobby. Keep you active searching for your notes for your collection.

Look for coin dealers- they may have some notes, even without their being a specialty. Other ideas- people who are travelling or who have been travelling; relatives, especially if they have been in the military or have a job that takes them all over the world; banks, and foreign exchange dealers; swap meets; even some book stores. Ask people, and you may be pleasantly surprised.Get one of the papers- World Paper Money, or join a club- International Bank Note Society is one of the best. They can provide contacts, dealers, other collectors who will swap (safely).

Hello and welcome to CP. I'm sure you'll find some opportunities to trade and such here, over time. There are a number of dealers who have extensive inventories of paper. You might want to check the links section. I can't think of any right now, but I'll post some as I refresh my memory.

Archived