CoinPeople.com

Instead of bid increment...

gxseries

Sometimes it makes me wonder if this is not possible.

While we shall keep all the lots, and albums etc out of the story, i.e. just single common coins, why can we not have it the other way around, i.e. the seller sells at a lower price, instead of buyers bidding the crazy prices.

Sometimes when I look at the prices common coins and bidders, it just makes me go :lol: as the prices go a bit too much at times. Of course it would have been possible, if there weren't for too much fees, but as current ebay forces each auction with a 30cent upfront, and with some bizarre fees later, if you allow people to use paypal - that kills the fun of selling common coins.

What I wish to see is that we have a structed database, i.e. have all the coins catalogued including the values, and from there, the bidders can cost to bid as low, probably as low as 50% or so. From there, sellers and buyers do not have to worry about not having a catalogue.

Indeed it does have it issues as who would pay for the researched values of such coins, catalogues etc. It might be like Amazon style, but why not with coins? :ninja: (or I just didn't know about it)

But of course, this forum here does the same job efficiently, maybe cluttered, more importantly it's free (sorry Akdrv), except we need more willing sellers :cry:

But of course, this forum here does the same job efficiently, maybe cluttered, more importantly it's free (sorry Akdrv), except we need more willing sellers :ninja:

My first choice is always this forum followed by other forums. Ebay is kind of a last resort. Most often I'll pay more on Ebay for what I want.

It would be pretty neat to have an Amazon structured place. When I was looking at ancients someone pointed me to a site with lots of online coin stores you could buy from. Can't remember the address though :lol:

It would be pretty neat to have an Amazon structured place. When I was looking at ancients someone pointed me to a site with lots of online coin stores you could buy from. Can't remember the address though  :ninja:

Vcoins.com, stay away, it is addictive and expensive. Lately it is where all my ancients are coming from.

There are a number of small auction sites that have some nice capabilities. The problem, IMHO, is that they don't draw either the volume of buyers to warrant a lot of sellers, and /or the volume of sellers to warrant a lot of buyers. Chicken and egg...

I prefer to deal right here if at all possilbe.

You can sell individual coins off of OmniCoin :ninja:

Don't know about lots, though.

What I wish to see is that we have a structed database, i.e. have all the coins catalogued including the values, and from there, the bidders can cost to bid as low, probably as low as 50% or so. From there, sellers and buyers do not have to worry about not having a catalogue.

What I want to do, once I get done building the historical prices into a database on my own web server it to create a portal that lets you search for coins from one place. So rather than going from site to site you type in what you want and a list of places where that coin is available is displayed.

I think that would have value for the $100 and up type of items. The lower priced stuff seems to mostly end up on ebay.

Archived