CoinPeople.com

One for the toning lovers

bahabully

Not sure about that one...would need to see it in hand but right now I am leaning towards AT. The good news as I don't collect a lot of foreign coins so not having experience with the way this particular series tones put's me at a disadvantage as far as deciding AT or NT. I will say if that toning was on a US coin of any denomination.......I wound't touch it raw.

Guest Stujoe
Not sure about that one...would need to see it in hand but right now I am leaning towards AT. The good news as I don't collect a lot of foreign coins so not having experience with the way this particular series tones put's me at a disadvantage as far as deciding AT or NT. I will say if that toning was on a US coin of any denomination.......I wound't touch it raw.

I think part of the handicap for me, even though I am no toning expert at all, is that I don't know that series, or it's typical storage condition, etc enough to really judge it.

A lot of times, I can look at a US coin and say "Yeah, that looks right for the series." or "Yeah, that looks like something that was stored in such and such for a long time." or "Yep, I have seen that toning a bunch of times." With this coin, I have no idea.

Don't know about the toning, AT or NT, but it is certainly a pretty coin. I like the size and heft of these. I had one as a pocket piece for several years.

For what its worth at least the seller seems honest:

Feedback Score: 702

Positive Feedback: 100%

Members who left a positive: 702

Members who left a negative: 0

All positive feedback received: 1071

Or he is really good at talking people into leaving him Pos feedback :ninja:

-Bobby

Archived