CoinPeople.com

Elvervno-I just spotted your 1799 Russia 2 Kopeks

LeGaulois

I was mearly inviting him to post further images of other desireable Russian coins-if it was a private appreciation I would have used a private message.

Do you think this forum gets too much action that I shouldn't post this as a new topic?

Do you know how difficult it is to get that coin in that year in that condition?

Perhaps, Tane's Paul I copper coins are the best set right now that I know of in this forum. Elverno's too as well is a splendid example. I unfortunately don't have any decent Paul I copper coins to show.

LeGaulois, you can browse through omnicoin for more coins. The pages may seem to be terribly large and this is what I recommand to do, which is to go by:

"Select Region -> Europe -> Russia"

But, don't forget to click on the "year" as the page shows what is the most popular!!! This way, you will be able to view older Russian coins within the first 10 pages :ninja:

Perhaps LeGaulois, you might want to post in the Russian coin forum.

Hmmm.... I believe I'll take your recommendation to heart-longterm and thoroughly.

I think this was an unfortunate exchange. LeGaulois seems to have some nice coins/medals to offer, and the forum seems to be slowing down some. He seems to have taken this personally. Do we really want to run people off? This is the World and Ancient Coin Forum and the subject IMO would have fit. Maybe I am complety wrong here and out of line. If so I apologize to the forum.

Hey LeGaulois, thanks! :ninja:

I actually bought two of the 1799 2 kopeks at the same time. The one I put up on Omnicoin:

908224.jpg

is definitely the better of the two. The second hasn't arrived yet though. Probably others do the same thing; I get the idea that I'd like a particular year and denomination and start bidding on several of them. In this case I won two.

My actual favorite among my Russian pieces is this 1804 5 kopek:

897874.jpg

We seem to have some similar collecting interests. The Subalpine Republic 5 francs (L'an 9 & 10) are a beautiful design that I noticed you had put up as well. Sorry if the thread took a strange turn but I hope you continue to hang out here and add more of your collection in Omnicoin. :lol:

Perhaps LeGaulois, you might want to post in the Russian coin forum.

Hmmm.... I believe I'll take your recommendation to heart-longterm and thoroughly.

I am sincerely sorry if I did cause some kind of misinterpretion and actually genuine inconvinence.

While this might seem to be a terrible attempt to cover up my total insincerity that I have caused, I have tried to show what kind of nice Russian copper coins that I may have. Link

I am sincerely sorry if I did cause some kind of misinterpretion and actually genuine inconvinence.

Well, you did send me off to bed with a less than desireable taste in my mouth... :ninja:

And perhaps I did post a topic without understanding the degree of accuracy with which this forum wants its topics posted.

But this is the world coins forum and I thought it would be appropriate-especially in view of the forum activity which I merely sought to enliven.

In the future I'll try to pay more attention to where I should post.

I wouldn't worry about it. It probably has more to do with many all the different people (not to mention cultures, nationalities, primary languages, etc) intermingling here than with old age. :ninja:

The differences of the posters is one of the great things about this place but sometimes we don't always 'get' each other the first time around. The longer you are here, the more you realize what a great group of people there are and very, very rarely is anything rude ever intended.

To be on topic...I love that 1804 5 kopek. The concentric circles is a pretty cool design feature I haven't seen very much on coins.

To be on topic...I love that 1804 5 kopek. The concentric circles is a pretty cool design feature I haven't seen very much on coins.

I'm quite enamored with that bugger myself. (And no, I'm not going to run out and buy it. :ninja: )

I'm quite enamored with that bugger myself.  (And no, I'm not going to run out and buy it.  :ninja: )

She just sits home, picks up the phone (she has several dealers on speed dial, ya'know) and has one on the next plane out. :lol:

Got to get my last few pokes in. Only a couple of hours before the calendar changes from "Pick of Tiffi Day", to "Groundhog's Day"

...I love that 1804 5 kopek. The concentric circles is a pretty cool design feature I haven't seen very much on coins.

I'm quite enamored with that bugger myself.  (And no, I'm not going to run out and buy it.  :ninja: )

You must get one. I am not a big copper fan myself, but I do love big coins and this coin sure is that. (It hangs out with my silver crowns. :lol: ) Here is mine that I picked up last autumn:

905133.jpg

Archived