CoinPeople.com

where did this guy get th values for his coins?

ovrundr

I'd have to say he pulled 'em right out of his tailpipe :ninja:

Note the asterisk after the "value" that leads nowhere.

From his auction...

"THIS BEAUTY WAS GRADED BY THE GALLERY GRADING COMPANY. THE VALUE WAS TAKEN FROM PCGS."

This is a favorite tactic of self-slabers looking for that certain newbie. The fact that PCGS states that its price guide is only for properly graded (i.e. PCGS slabbed) coins never is disclosed.

Of course, the PCGS price guide is mostly fantasy too, but that is a totally different story.

Oh brother!! This guy has been around awhile. Anyone familiar with ebay coins knows he'll jump out atcha when you least expect it. Whether your searching for 1/2 cents or $20 gold, he'll have one of his hideous Franklins in that catagory. You know, the guy's not fooling anybody, the vast majority of his auctions go for less than 1% (that's not a typo, 1%) of his advertised PCGS price. What irks me is that when something is advertised as FB or FBL, you'd think the guy would show the rev. of the piece. And Gallery grading? They aren't even included on sites that review the various companies. He has sold dozens of his $25,000. 1/2's though. High being $202. and low at about $5. Heck, some of his various denom. proofs from the '50's have gone for a nickle. (his no reserves)

All of his closed auctions have this staement:

THIS BEAUTY WAS GRADED BY GALLERY GRADING COMPANY. THE VALUE IS TAKEN FROM PCGS

Is it posible to change the wording after an auction closes?

I think the PCGS in this case stands for "Per Crazy Guys Stupidity" for values. :ninja:

:ninja: he got them here.... www.ripmeoff.com

;)