CoinPeople.com

1884 - O Morgan - Right grade/price?

Burks

http://images.auctionworks.com/fullView.as...884-00549-1.jpg

This is a picture of the coin I am considering buying. I'm just double-checking to make sure the coin is graded correctly and not grade stretched in any way.

Thank you and I hope this was posted in the correct area.

Edit: Thanks Tiff :ninja:

Sorry, but that's not MS anything, IMO. I saw the auction, and where it is now would be O.K. SGS is Star Grading Services, around for about 2 years.

By their own admission, this is a less than desireable piece, as it is RARE to find SGS plastic holding anything but MS69 or proof70 grades.

To put it in perspective, PCGS, out of the 10's of thousands of Morgans graded, has only given MS68 to one 1884O

Sorry, but that's not MS anything, IMO. I saw the auction, and where it is now would be O.K. SGS is Star Grading Services, around for about 2 years.

By their own admission, this is a less than desireable piece, as it is RARE to find SGS plastic holding anything but MS69 or proof70 grades.

To put it in perspective, PCGS, out of the 10's of thousands of Morgans graded, has only given MS68 to one 1884O

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the reliability of their grading. It's been oh.....5-8 years since I bought my last coin (amazingly I started at the age of 12) and have never heard of SGS. My car hobby turned out to be a money pit so I'm looking to get into coins again. Nothing like searching through garage sales!

If U want graded coin, stick w/ NGC, ANACS or PCGS, the rest r like me saying I'll grade my coin "GWL" in MS-66 (my initials, that's all)

What NGS? I've seen one or two of them around.

I've seen lots of SGS slabs while trolling around on Ebay.

I know next to nothing about grading and I can tell that they go overboard with the high marks.

The most 70's I've seen on slabbed coins in fact have been on SGS slabs.

This is the most 70's I've ever seen at one time!!!!

ebay