CoinPeople.com

GOETZ: K-13 Crown Prince Ludwig/Princess Therese

K 13 CROWN PRINCE LUDWIG AND PRINCESS THERESE, 1910, Cast Bronze, 85.7mm, UNC, Gußfrisch.

A Commemorative medal of their marriage.

Obverse: Princess Therese, ¾ left, Prince Ludwig, Prince Ruler Luitpold, left.

Reverse: City shields displayed at October Festival horse races. Inscription reads “1810 the first October Festival. In commemoration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese 1910 at Munich. The 100th (October Festival) under Prince Ruler Luitpold of Bavaria.”

K%2013.jpg

That is incredible !!! I especially love the rim treatments along with the detail in the portraits :ninja:

I cannot help but wonder as I view the medal, if the Prince was the overseer of the marriage, and that explains why the Princess looks over to her left whilst the Crown Prince and the Prince look off strait forward.

Perhaps she is pondering her servitude to these two new masters of her existence. Perhaps she wonders what she got herself into, no rather what she was gotten into perhaps against her willing. Her eyes have a heavy look to them as though she is weary of something.

Who knows, perhaps it is just conjecture? It maybe a stretch to think this, but you never really know, unless you somehow talk to Goetz himself.

Archived