CoinPeople.com

Trouble with Whitman Folders

Bangbang

It seems impssible to push nickles....quarters...and dimes in these folders. However I have no problem placing cents in their folders. Whats up with that. I actually used a soft cotton cloth and a rubber mallot to get dimes and quarters in their folders. ;);):ninja: Help!

I had problems too. I found the best way is to get the bottom in first and then just roll your finger around the edge. Make sure you support the back or you'll bend the album (did that to my Lincoln one :ninja: ). Inexperienced collector mistake. The Quarter album was relatively easy to put in. The only problem I had was with maybe one or two of them, the rest just slid right in.

I like the rubber mallot method. :ninja: It does not seem todamage the coin and I don't have to handle the coins much with my fingers.

With folders I have noticed that it is the uncirculated or nearly uncirculated coins that have the problem of not fitting.

My guess is that Whitman, and other folder manufacturers, deliberately 'size' the holes to fit the more worn circulated coins.

I believe that if they sized the holes for the larger, less circulated coins, then the smaller, more worn coins would often fall out of the holders.

This way (sized for the smaller coins) everything stays in, although not without a lot of careful effort getting the newer coins in. :ninja:

I've had few problems with the old whitman folders, some holes are tight, but not too much of an issue. I did buy a new Harris blank quarter folder for my state quarters, and man that one is absolutely the WORST! I was wrestling with the thing for like 20 minutes to get my MN, OR and KS quarters to fit in the holes!

Archived