CoinPeople.com

CP Currency

Ætheling

Of course, I am happy to pay for the print costs even if it can get quite expensive but unfortunately, postage fees are ridiciously lame when it comes to sending more than 10 people. :ninja:

With four mints in operation though (and possibly 5) then break up the following (based upon 20 people subscribing, with a few spares);

Guineas (at S and H mints)

20s = c.40

10s = c.40

5s = c.50

S mint alone;

20s = 40

10s = 20

5s = 25

(95 notes)

Based upon a distribution ratio of;

20s x 2

10s x 4

to 10 members

and

5s x 5

to the other 10 members

That makes a total of about 15 shipments for S mint and 10 for H mint. Or 2 a piece if doing it the GX way.

Obviously the figures will be altered to reflect the amount of people interested. Based upon 20 subscribers then the dollars fall as;

20s = 40

10s = 40

5s = 50

1s = 100

Which will be split between either two or three mints, which means there'll be less shipments to make if it's between three.

Distribution ratios will be;

20s x 2

10s x 4

and to the other half;

5s x 3

1s x 10

I figure that should sort it?

That should give everyone a combined total of 105 of the currencies each. Who ever gets high denomination coin bucks get low denom guineas and vice versa.

Some might be questioning already, why all the mints then?

Well when this idea takes off i expect it'll grow (especially if people take to collecting by mintmark, or notes of each series), thus with 4 or 5 mints around the world any shortages in the system can be swiftly dealt with.

Obviously a quota will be set to prevent inflation. But we'll keep mintages down for the trial run incase it doesn't take off as we hope.

Ætheling...

Are you going to be keeping track of all the notes in circulation?

I dont see that this has been brought up yet. My thought is there should be a spreadsheet with each note noted with its serial, denomination, mint and who was the first recipiant. I personaly dont see a counterfieter coming into play here but you guys have brought up the thought. This would help in security and also investigating if this does come into play.

-Bobby

I'd be happy to give that a try Bobby.

Problem is there's some of my notes already out there. The old designs don't count in the equation much, but there's a decent pile of them here left which will no doubt find their way out there too sooner or later.

I know for a fact some members already have several spares on hand anyhow, so i'm gonna need to know where they are now.

I don't want to restrict things too much Bobby, i want to give a bit of leeway so that people can collect these things in any way they chose. I deally most people may want a full set of the two currencies (ignoring mintmarks).

But someone out there may take a fancy to the 20 denominated notes and decide to put together a set of 20s off all types, from all mints and trade off their others to do this. I'm perfectly fine with people doing this, but it won't be easy and you'll be begging for more notes!

But i think a tracking thing like Where's George might be fun. It might also be useful as some peope might want matching serial numbers for their sets and they're going to want to know where the other one is!

E.G

CPGA 20608 (20 guinea A)

CPGA 10608 (10 guinea A)

CPGA 05608 (5 guinea A)

CPGB 20608 (20 guinea B ) S mint

CPGB 10608 (10 guinea B ) S Mint

CPGB 05608 (5 guinea B ) S mint

CPGB 20308 (20 guinea B ) H mint

CPGB 10308 (10 guinea B ) H Mint

CPGB 05308 (5 guinea B ) H mint

There's so many ways to do this.

If you need help printing these things, I have an HP Color LaserJet in my office. High quality, prints fast and the toner is "free." :ninja:

Well, I have miss a lot I see... I never received/seen any of the notes in circulation yet... I thought that the whole thing was canned and none where done...

Only people that have done trades with me have recieved notes thus far, and that was before i thought about resurrecting this idea.

I know not much has been said about this for the past few days, but i'm still progressing on it.

The notes are steadily being printed out. So we're one step further than we were last time! :ninja:

Archived