CoinPeople.com

Scottish `Conder' Tokens

Most people think conder tokens only relate to England. However, these were also manufactured for various locations in Scotland. The Scottish ones are generally a lot more difficult to find than their English counterparts.

Over the years i've managed to get hold of an example of nigh on every type of Scottish ha'penny issued in the 1790's, and one or two of the pennies. Some of my ones are in pretty good nick. Others are frankly, pretty dire but I always live in hope of the possible upgrade. :ninja:

Here's a couple that I have in my collection. The scans aren't necessarily mine (laziness on my part using scans / photos produced by the seller) but they give the general idea. Anyone else collect these `wee beauties' ?

DundeePennyObv.jpg

DundeePennyRev.jpg

DundeeCastleObv.jpg

DundeeCastleRev.jpg

DundeeGlassWorks.jpg

PerthTayBridge.jpg

I love 'em!

From 1793:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=898341

1796:

Edinburgh

And another from Edinburgh:

For you smokers... :ninja:

And a last one:

Nurserymen and florists

:ninja: The Conder Tokens are my dream... but my budget is still to small to start collecting them...  ;)

If you keep your eyes open, sometimes you can buy these very cheaply. Sometimes the rest of the world seems to sleep its way through bargains. ;)

I love 'em!

From 1793:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=898341

1796:

Edinburgh

And another from Edinburgh:

For you smokers... :ninja:

And a last one:

Nurserymen and florists

Nice tokens.

The Turks Head (Campbell's) is one of my favourite tokens, even though i'm a reformed smoker. It's also one of the more difficult of the Edinburgh ha'pennies to get hold of. ;)

I'll dig out some more of my ones for scanning.

Archived