CoinPeople.com

PT: 5 Euro - "Pedro Hispano" - 2005

josemartins

Can you tell us what the issue price is for the uncirculated coins as there are a few of us U.S. collectors working actively on Euro collections who would like to add this coin to our sets. It has been a while since I added anything from Portugal so I must say I am very interested in getting one of these coins and know others who would say the same.

Portuguese Euro commemoratives, are always sold at facial value (5,8 or 10 Euro) for 0.500 silver coins. Proof coins in silver (0.925) or gold (916.6) are sold for much more.

Obviously, if someone want some Portuguese commemorative Euro coin for face + "stamp", just let me know...

Jose :ninja:

josemartins if I may pick your brain for a moment:

Speaking in Euros, my understanding (and Im hoping you can confirm) is that Portugal has released 8 Euro coins each year sense 2002. 1 & 2 Euro, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 50 cents. Thats a total of 32 coins.

So I ask that you confirm a couple things if you can...

1. The above is right and Portugal has releaesed 32 circ coins sense 2002.

2. Portugal has not released any 2 Euro commems yet

3. You can collect said 32 coins from circ and send them to me for Face + stamp :ninja:

Thanks for any help Jose

-Bobby

AH! I've finally managed to trick someone into thinking that i have a brain!

:ninja:

Well, not exactly, in 2002 all the 8 coins were minted, in 2003 only 5 (1,2 and 5 cents not issued) and in 2004 another 8 coins, none of the 2005 coins have been released yet...

So, the total is 21 coins. It's a bit hard to find some of them from circulation except 2002, for 2003 the 2 Euro is scarce, and i'm yet to see a 2 cent dated 2004 (20 cents of 2004 are also scarce). Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a type set instead?

Jose ;)

Thanks for the great info, I will update my tables to reflect that info.

If you want to check them out they are here: http://coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=83614

At least with your info the total number went down :ninja:

Naaa, type sets dont do it for me, my mind wont let me... it sees a small diference on a coin (ie: a 2 instead of a 3 after the 200) and it says "hey thats a diferent coin". Im really fighting to ignore die varieties at this point.

Whatever you can get me would be great. Your help is quite appreciated.

-Bobby

Bobby, in the next 2/3 of weeks i'll try to find these coins (21) from circulation and then send a PM with the ones i have and we work something out...

How that sounds?

Jose ;)

Sounds great, you are Awesome Jose! :ninja:;)

-Bobby

Archived