CoinPeople.com

Coin People Meet-Ups

mmarotta

In the thread about Rabone meeting Dutchman in Indianapolis, Art yea-said the proposal to meet at FUN in Orlando. That's fine. I will not be there.

However, I will be at the ANA in Milwaukee, 2007, :ninja: and maybe at Denver 2006. ;)

I am always at the MSNS in Dearborn. :lol:

Auldfarte said that being 'Burque he could not make many shows. Denver might work, for him, and so might PHOENIX 2008. ;)

Now, there is a problem with non-clubs using rooms for meetings. See, Early American Coppers, Inc., is an ANA member club, so they tell the ANA they want to have a meeting and it is arranged for them to use a room at the convention. However, when RCC did that at the ANA, it led to complications. And you cannot just say "Well, a bunch of us will hang out at the food court." You really need to have a time and place -- allowing for some flexibility, of course.

A dealer's table is a good focal point. :D

Clubs can often get tables gratis, as a club shows, conventions, etc. When I had the Ancient Numismatic Society, it was an ANA member club, and I had a table across from the Paper Money Collectors. So, that worked out for meeting people.

At the ANA in Pittsburgh, I wore a special RCC Name Badge I made for myself, but no one from RCC came up and said, Hi, but then, maybe that had more to do with me than with online people meeting at conventions. :cry:

Anyway, this seems like a good thread for keeping track of whi will be where when.

Great idea, Michael :ninja:

Well, I'll be at the Albuquerque coin show October 1, at about 9:00am thru about 1:00pm. PM me if you plan to attend, and we can arrange a time and place.

I am hoping to be at the Silver Dollar show in Saint Louis on the 19th to the 22nd. Not sure which days as it will depend upon work and other factors. It is a large show in the 150 plus table range.

I will also maybe be at the show in Fairview Heights on the 9th and the one in Collinsville on the 2nd but they are one day, small, local shows so I don't expect a lot of CPeeps there. :ninja:

Denver in 2006 is tempting. Milwaukee in 2007 is so close I will have to be there. I am usually in Chicago for the CICF although my last born migh t be due around then this coming year. So, I might be in NY this January for the International just so I can see it once before the kids send me to the poor house.

:ninja:

Archived