CoinPeople.com

JJ Teaparty

Guest Stujoe

Anyone ever dealt with them?

I was looking over their site and it looks like they carry some stuff that I might be interested in over time. I like the fact that they have pretty good pictures too.

J J Teaparty has been around for many [40+] years. They are long time advertisers in both Coin World and Numismatic News. They couldn't remain in business that long by being 'shady.' I would buy from them.

I've yet to pull the trigger on some of the coins there I've wanted, being an instant gratification type who forgets to call later. One day, I'll see something I want enough to call in an order. The site's kind of a dreambook for me in a way.

They always have nice stuff on their site though I'd say the prices are typically 10-20% over where they should be. You can get similar coins for less at auction so that's why I've never purchased from them. Good place to browse though.

They always have nice stuff on their site though I'd say the prices are typically 10-20% over where they should be.  You can get similar coins for less at auction so that's why I've never purchased from them.  Good place to browse though.

I am not as concerned about prices. I am just kind of looking for another online dealer to add to my 'buy from' list. I pretty much refuse to buy raw coins from Ebay any more (unless they are in mint set or very inexpensive) and I don't get to a lot of shows. My local dealers are ok but not a lot of selection in what I am looking for most of the time and it is hard for me to get to their shops during business hours.

So, online dealers is pretty much where it is at for me most days.

I've never purchased a coin from them, but they have an outstanding selection of books! I searched for weeks to find a copy of the Akers 20th Century Gold book, and finally found it there, and at a very good price too! Don't forget the book section! :ninja:

Archived