CoinPeople.com

What is your best ebay bargain find for a rarity?

squirrel

Well, ebay or molotok...... What was your best win? Not hot and heavy duke it out overbidding, but say, something no one else caught or was willing to bid on, and you got a nice prize for way less than it should have otherwise...

Ill start with this one:

A nice Peter I Grivna from 1705. Listed as "unidentified coin" in ebay, a few years back. got it for 30 bucks.

948367.jpg

Very nice for 30 dollars.

The ones that I can think of is these three at 1 dollar each. They were in a lot and I averaged the price after getting rid of the unwanted / duplicate coins.

930426.jpg

917601.jpg

1024052.jpg

Yes, I know they are low grade but I don't think I will be able to upgrade them any day. 1795/88 MM 1 kopek, 1798 1/4 ruble and 1973 15 kopek. I do have to rephotograph some of my coins. 1795 MM 2 kopek is also another example that I will not be able to upgrade. That could have been a bargain as well but I can't quite remember what I paid.

Years ago this 5kop1788EM was offered on ebay, the seller's poor picture showed only the eagle side. I asked for a picture of the monogram side and saw that it was the Bitkin R2 mule (old cipher/new eagle). As nobody else had cared I got the coin at abt. €25.

Sigi

-

Years ago this 5kop1788EM was offered on ebay, the seller's poor picture showed only the eagle side. I asked for a picture of the monogram side and saw that it was the Bitkin R2 mule (old cipher/new eagle). As nobody else had cared I got the coin at abt. €25.

Sigi

-

5kop1788EMmuleexpl.jpg

I will not tell about my best bargains as people who sold it to me might be still here. This may make future bargains not possible. Some bargains though were worth up to may be hundreds or occasionally thousands of dollars of profit.

Well... OK. This one just a quite old example so probably harmless for my luck. I purchased this coin about 2 years ago for $750 on eBay. I later graded it as NGC MS 63. You might know how much NGC MS 63 1915 rouble might cost today. Here is a picture. ....Shoot! Again picture is too big to upload. This forum is still pain in the back for loading any good quality pictures. May be this is another reason it is dying...

1R 1915 a.jpg