CoinPeople.com

Soviet coins

BKB

Just bought a serious weight of Soviet coins. Close to a complete date set (1921-1991) lacking a few extreme rarities including more fancy patterns. do not know if anyone is interested in this stuff. If anyone is interested to see a photo of any particular year/denom. -- I may just have it. :grin: Do not ask for 1925 chervonets...

This way I do not post images of stuff no one cares about + you can bring my attention to something I would not care to check otherwise...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very nice 1970 5 kopek! :drool: Must have been removed from a mint set.

They do exist, BKB. http://www.arcamax.ru/price_reg61-92.htm

I missed so many times in getting them. When I mean so many, I really mean I'm a complete fool in not getting them.

I presume the set also has a nice set of 1942 coins? :)

Interesting. I never knew that my 1975 mint set is valued in the range of $140 ??? 15k 20k and 50k seem to be rare. I purchased the set for 18 bucks.

Very very nice 1970 5 kopek! :drool: Must have been removed from a mint set.

They do exist, BKB. http://www.arcamax.ru/price_reg61-92.htm

I missed so many times in getting them. When I mean so many, I really mean I'm a complete fool in not getting them.

I presume the set also has a nice set of 1942 coins? :)

It is not nice, but it is there. I did not shoot the 20 kop, for it is of no consequence, right? If you want it anyway, I will shoot it too.

p1070160.jpg

p1070161x.jpg

5 kop looks like it is not a set coin, but from circulation. Do not know enough to make a definite conclusion.

P.S. By the way... you could be a bit more bold in asking for photos-- there are more rare things present there... :grin:

Interesting. I never knew that my 1975 mint set is valued in the range of $140 ??? 15k 20k and 50k seem to be rare. I purchased the set for 18 bucks.

I do not know about that, because there is a difference between circulation coins and set coins. As to rarity, I do not think they are too rare. At least they are not rated as rare in Fedorin. It is a shame, for I have both the mint set, and circulation coins from that year here in this collection.

Then again, I opened my Fedorin book for the first time 3 days ago when I purchased these soviet coins. Which means I could be talking out of my behind right now...

Holy crap BKB! :shock:

What other pattern coins or error coins do you have in that lot?! :swoon:

There is absolutely nothing holy (or holly) about this crap -- just some pieces of metal. :grin:

I am still getting through it. I also have 2 kop 1961 in white metal and 1924 50 kop with plain edge.

I have the mythical 1967 20 kop in aluminum, and I also have 1931 20 kop in bronze (not photographed yet) (both mentioned by Djachkov and Moshniagin). Those are very questionable, because there is nothing to compare them too -- someone heard but no one seen, that kind of thing...

I think, that takes care of all possible patterns...

19612kop.jpg

19612kopa.jpg

1924n.jpg

1924a.jpg

1924edge.jpg

1967ot.jpg

1967a.jpg

Can you give me pointers on what to look for in regular date set coins and what to check -- year/variety? I stopped collecting Soviet coins when I was 14, so I know nothing about them. I am getting books now and beginning to study this stuff, but it is going to take a long time...

Can you give me pointers on what to look for in regular date set coins and what to check -- year/variety? I stopped collecting Soviet coins when I was 14, so I know nothing about them. I am getting books now and beginning to study this stuff, but it is going to take a long time...

Check for 3 kopeks 1946 with 16 stripes. Rare variety.

The most celebrated provenance is me :-) No one knew the collector -- an old guy who collected these for 50-60 years, and died. Contemporary -- yes, but he did not have the $, Moshnjagin had. Therefore, all nice patterns are missing from the collection. The only reason for 5 k of 1953 and 15 kop of 1958 being present -- mediocre condition. I still do not know where he got that 1967 20 kop. That coin, if original, is a myth...

Anyone interested in any other dates/varieties?

The most celebrated provenance is me :-) No one knew the collector -- an old guy who collected these for 50-60 years, and died. Contemporary -- yes, but he did not have the $, Moshnjagin had. Therefore, all nice patterns are missing from the collection. The only reason for 5 k of 1953 and 15 kop of 1958 being present -- mediocre condition. I still do not know where he got that 1967 20 kop. That coin, if original, is a myth...

Anyone interested in any other dates/varieties?

A very impressive collection even if not publicized! How many 1927 2 kopeeks? :D

A very impressive collection even if not publicized! How many 1927 2 kopeeks? :D

Sadly......, there is only one ugly 1927 2 kop :cry:

1927.jpg

1927a.jpg

However, on a good note, there is also this small set:

1kop1925.jpg

1kop1925a.jpg

and

1925i.jpg

1925a.jpg

It makes me feel better about the condition of 1927 2 kop :grin:

Archived