CoinPeople.com

Soviet coins

BKB

Then double or triple some prices, but you need to know which ones... Problem is, this does not account for varieties. For instance, the 1935 new 1 kop has a variety which is $1,000. Or, 1925 20 kop has a $3000 variety with a 3 kop obverse...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then double or triple some prices, but you need to know which ones... Problem is, this does not account for varieties. For instance, the 1935 new 1 kop has a variety which is $1,000. Or, 1925 20 kop has a $3000 variety with a 3 kop obverse...

That's true, varieties and many patterns are not listed there.

Here you can find price guides for Soviet coins, I'm afraid that they are in Russian but it is an Excel table so only a few key words need to be translated. Prices are in roubles, or when you see a T after the number in thousands of roubles. Also prices for sets are listed under "Наборные".

http://www.coins.su/docs/um_udssr.xls

P.S. Column A is the year.

Alex !! You are Great !! :yahoo:

This is very helpfull !! Thanks !! :art:

I was thinking it's not that suprising that the Soviet mint was using aluminum planchets to test out the 1967 coin - afterall they had to have access to aluminum as they were striking coins for North Korea. If the planchets match up, you know what it was originally intended for... :)

I just thought of this as I was going through a book which shows what dies Leningrad Mint or St. Petersburg mint used and North Korea happened to be one of them.

Archived