CoinPeople.com

1759 Solid

alexbq2

Perhaps it's just some paranoia. I heard a great story once! In Kenigsberg or Kaliningrad, depending on which one you like better, there was a dedicated group of sewer urchins. Apparently, once a year or so, the old sewer system would be flushed, and a bunch of enthusiasts would wait around for this event, and then sift through whatever was flushed out. And, of course, a lot of change would end up in the gutter. And this change would be flushed out. Among this change, which did span Kenigsberg's long history, people would occasionally find these Russo-Prussian solids. But for one or two years in a row, tremendous numbers of these solids came out. At first people were quite happy, then they realized that they gathered more solids than soviet change, and that seemed wrong.

As it turned out, someone had flashed a great amount of fake solids into the system to both age them, and give them a legitimate origin.

I've not seen any of those. But the story is certainly memorable.

Perhaps it's just some paranoia. I heard a great story once! In Kenigsberg or Kaliningrad, depending on which one you like better, there was a dedicated group of sewer urchins. Apparently, once a year or so, the old sewer system would be flushed, and a bunch of enthusiasts would wait around for this event, and then sift through whatever was flushed out. And, of course, a lot of change would end up in the gutter. And this change would be flushed out. Among this change, which did span Kenigsberg's long history, people would occasionally find these Russo-Prussian solids. But for one or two years in a row, tremendous numbers of these solids came out. At first people were quite happy, then they realized that they gathered more solids than soviet change, and that seemed wrong.

As it turned out, someone had flashed a great amount of fake solids into the system to both age them, and give them a legitimate origin.

Interesting story! :ninja:

that stinks! :ninja:

that stinks! :ninja:

some can get rid of it after this story, may be one from ebay is the one from that story ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Pecunia non olet ??

By the way, maybe we should open some kind of "corner of good stories" ?

every second story is interesting :ninja:

Archived