CoinPeople.com

Eastman-Kodak Co.

25 Years of service at the Eastman-Kodak Company would have earned you this large and impressive bronze medal which came with a small plastic stand.

That's a nice medal. I wonder how many of them are out there.

It must be a fairly common medal since I have seen them on ebay more often than any other long service medal types other than the US Steel Corp. medals.

Beautiful condition and a nice piece, but after 25 years of service I would expect a silver (or even gold) medal.

Perhaps I expect too much.

Beautiful condition and a nice piece, but after 25 years of service I would expect a silver (or even gold) medal.

Perhaps I expect too much.

Now a days you would be lucky to get a small lapel pin. Over the years the kind of long service medals one could get varied greatly from company to company. Some companies gave gold for only 10 years!! Others only gave gold for 50 years. Often the companies that gave the best looking medals had the weakest retirement bene's. As time goes on I will show a lot more medals ranging from amazing to boring.

McKesson & Robbins is a drug company of long standing and they issued massive bronze plaques for 25 and 50 years of service. Both except for the number of years are identical in design. Since I have both named to the same woman I suspect there were none issued for 30 - 45 years of service unless on retirement.

McKesson & Robbins is a drug company of long standing and they issued massive bronze plaques for 25 and 50 years of service. Both except for the number of years are identical in design. Since I have both named to the same woman I suspect there were none issued for 30 - 45 years of service unless on retirement.

And here is the 50 year version. These came in display cases and would have been great paper weights or weapons.

50 years would be virtually unheard of... must have started really young and stayed past 65.

30 years around here is fairly typical for large companies, especially industrial.

I don't know about now, but one bank around here had given out 10k pins for each 5th anniversary since the 10th, with each additional 5 years being denoted by a tiny diamond.

50 years would be virtually unheard of... must have started really young and stayed past 65.

30 years around here is fairly typical for large companies, especially industrial.

I don't know about now, but one bank around here had given out 10k pins for each 5th anniversary since the 10th, with each additional 5 years being denoted by a tiny diamond.

50 Years of service is not really that rare especially in the old days. I have one 50 year award from the city of Milwaukee with a common Council resolution congratulating the recipient and wishing him many more years of continued service!! Many of these people started working very young and had no retirement plans to speak of. The long service lapel pins replaced medals starting in the 1940's and 1950's, were originally gold and have since degenerated to plated base metal or nothing at all.

:ninja:

Most of the time when medal collectors think of long service medals they think of the military, civilian workers or even club membership medals. Hospital Volunteers are rarely thought of which is unfortunate since I think they are a cut above the rest. They usually work from four hours a day to twenty hours per week for many years on end and they donate their time never making one red cent.. Many hospitals honor the volunteer’s service with small pins for service mile stones marked in hours. The Evanston Illinois Hospital however issued a twenty year service pin back medal which in this case was pined to the regularly worn volunteer’s name tag and ribbon. My hat is off to Mrs. Stewart.

Most of the time when medal collectors think of long service medals they think of the military, civilian workers or even club membership medals. Hospital Volunteers are rarely thought of which is unfortunate since I think they are a cut above the rest. They usually work from four hours a day to twenty hours per week for many years on end and they donate their time never making one red cent.. Many hospitals honor the volunteer’s service with small pins for service mile stones marked in hours. The Evanston Illinois Hospital however issued a twenty year service pin back medal which in this case was pined to the regularly worn volunteer’s name tag and ribbon. My hat is off to Mrs. Stewart.

Insurance companies issued some of the best looking medals. Here for example is one from the First American Fire Ins. Co. which naturally features an Indian Brave. The medal is 10k gold and the number 25 is the years served. I have seen this type of medal in both 10 and 14k gold and the number of years is not always 25.

Insurance companies issued some of the best looking medals. Here for example is one from the First American Fire Ins. Co. which naturally features an Indian Brave. The medal is 10k gold and the number 25 is the years served. I have seen this type of medal in both 10 and 14k gold and the number of years is not always 25.

The same observations hold true for the medals of the Continental Fire Ins. Co. which instead on an Indian feature a Continental Soldier. I tried to illustrate it here but can't because this site says my scan is over 1000kb and my computor says my scan is 32.6kb. I trust my computor so you will just have to trust me on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
The same observations hold true for the medals of the Continental Fire Ins. Co. which instead on an Indian feature a Continental Soldier. I tried to illustrate it here but can't because this site says my scan is over 1000kb and my computor says my scan is 32.6kb. I trust my computor so you will just have to trust me on this one.

Next company is the HJ Heinz Co. that made "57 Kinds" their trade mark expression even though at that time they already had many more items in their product line. They issued a gold medal for only ten years service starting in 1922. The first medal shown here was issued in 1925 and is 34.2mm and 27.9grams of 14k gold. The next medal issued in 1944 is 31.2mm and 17.35 grams. By 1952 the medal is only charm size 17.5mm by 12.7mm and weighs in at 3.66 gram. By the 1960's the weigh is down to 2.2 grams of 10k gold. I guess 10 years aint what it used to be but we should also keep in mind that at least this company was still showing it's employees some apprieciation.

Sorry folks no scans . The system here keeps thinking my scans are 1000 times larger than they are.

Next company is the HJ Heinz Co. that made "57 Kinds" their trade mark expression even though at that time they already had many more items in their product line. They issued a gold medal for only ten years service starting in 1922. The first medal shown here was issued in 1925 and is 34.2mm and 27.9grams of 14k gold. The next medal issued in 1944 is 31.2mm and 17.35 grams. By 1952 the medal is only charm size 17.5mm by 12.7mm and weighs in at 3.66 gram. By the 1960's the weigh is down to 2.2 grams of 10k gold. I guess 10 years aint what it used to be but we should also keep in mind that at least this company was still showing it's employees some apprieciation.

Sorry folks no scans . The system here keeps thinking my scans are 1000 times larger than they are.

Second try still doesn't work. My scan is 32.1kb and this site says it is 1021.87! That's all folks.

Have you tried putting them in Omnicoin and then posting the Omnicoin image here?

Have you tried putting them in Omnicoin and then posting the Omnicoin image here?

Thanks Bill, I will have to check that out.

Archived