CoinPeople.com

what is this "Russian coin 1 Kopeck 1726 Klippe"

netFish

so , at the end copy is not that bad ..... what do you think age of this coin might be ?

I do not think it matters for the copy. There are oficial Novodels (product of the St. Petersburg mint) out there from the 19th century, but this is not one of those.

that's a price ! how much is novodel ?

sorry :ninja: this is not what is meant by "novodel" but a very recent poor fake. Even the word Ekaterinburg is misspelled.

You can find this sort of thing frequently offered on eBay. I hope you haven't paid much. Sigi

sorry :ninja: this is not what is meant by "novodel" but a very recent poor fake. Even the word Ekaterinburg is misspelled.

You can find this sort of thing frequently offered on eBay. I hope you haven't paid much. Sigi

Novodel in this case (not the pitiful fake, shown here) will be more expensive than the real thing. As far as I remember it was sold for $160 000 recently. ;)

Novodel in this case (not the pitiful fake, shown here) will be more expensive than the real thing. As far as I remember it was sold for $160 000 recently. :ninja:

where ;)

Novodel in this case (not the pitiful fake, shown here) will be more expensive than the real thing. As far as I remember it was sold for $160 000 recently. :ninja:

I think it is some kind of mistake. If I remember correctly these novodels bring somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 (and that's for the larger ones).

Where? - is a good question. The original is R4, Novodel is nowhere near that. It seems beyond unlikely that a novodel could sell that high. Here are some auction results:

http://www.m-dv.ru/catalog/id,1554/all-prohod.html

Archived