CoinPeople.com

my 1837 1 zloty 15 kopeks

netFish

:ninja: No, I was watching it on eBay. I wrote an article on the Russian Polish series (1816-1850) last year for JRNS and follow these coins when possible (as do several other members of this board).

Best,

Steve

tI is nice to know that someone else likes these coins (Polish-Russian), i tried to get 5 Zloty or 10 Zloty, but they are so expensive , like ebay item 150413878889....... i am looking forward to buy more of these types of coins. Do you know any other sourse of coins , other then eBay ?

tI is nice to know that someone else likes these coins (Polish-Russian), i tried to get 5 Zloty or 10 Zloty, but they are so expensive , like ebay item 150413878889....... i am looking forward to buy more of these types of coins. Do you know any other sourse of coins , other then eBay ?

Plenty of other sources (regular auction houses) but these are almost always going to be more expensive than ebay, where you can still find bargains in the lower grades (like a not bad 1818 1Z that sold recently for around $25).

Steve

A year ago, I bought a huge 1.5 rouble - 10 zlot. - 1836MW, F-VF on Delcampe.com for 100$ only. But I think that eBay is the best, recently I won a rare 1895 Rouble, VG for 11.05 Euros !!!!! ;)

i am jealous, but thanks for the tip about delcampe :ninja:

Try your local coin dealer - you'll never know. I bought these two coins from Australian coin dealers - not a place that you normally think you can find Russian coins. Most of my other Russian coins are from the US or Europe.

The 1835 1.5ruble-10zlot was for 150 AUD and 1837 3/4ruble-5zlot (cleaned) was 16 dollars I think.

901664.jpg

902455.jpg

Try your local coin dealer - you'll never know. I bought these two coins from Australian coin dealers - not a place that you normally think you can find Russian coins. Most of my other Russian coins are from the US or Europe.

The 1835 1.5ruble-10zlot was for 150 AUD and 1837 3/4ruble-5zlot (cleaned) was 16 dollars I think.

901664.jpg

902455.jpg

WOW !

I would never think about this price at coin dealer!

On ebay those coins VERY expensive .... not 16 bucks that's for sure

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know any dealers in New York by any chance ?

WOW !

I would never think about this price at coin dealer!

On ebay those coins VERY expensive .... not 16 bucks that's for sure

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know any dealers in New York by any chance ?

I'm not familiar with exact locations but certain parts of Ney York have SUCH a high population of Russians in a small area (I'm Russian, and I believe you are too, so you know) there has to be a few good ones at least.

I'm not familiar with exact locations but certain parts of Ney York have SUCH a high population of Russians in a small area (I'm Russian, and I believe you are too, so you know) there has to be a few good ones at least.

no, Brighton Beach, Bensonhurst, Sheepsheadbay has no places like that....i found few dealers in Manhattan, but they are very pricy, they like to buy not to sell coins.

I think i will check pawn shops, they may have coins

P.S. Yes, i am Ukrainian, actually

no, Brighton Beach, Bensonhurst, Sheepsheadbay has no places like that....i found few dealers in Manhattan, but they are very pricy, they like to buy not to sell coins.

I think i will check pawn shops, they may have coins

P.S. Yes, i am Ukrainian, actually

WOW, no dealers on Brighton :ninja: ???

I'm shocked. That area has such a dense Russian and Ukrainian population, and a nice mix of wealthier eastern europeans, that I was convinced there must be a dealer there who is doing well. Pawn shops might be a good idea in that area, maybe a few locals on Brighton have gotten rid of some silver or gold coins that were brought over a while back.

Good luck with your search. Post on here and let us know if you do find a dealer somewhere in that area!

When I was on Brighton I went into a souvenir shop and saw some russian imperial silver roubles and kopeks but the prices were too high. For example, a common 1897 rouble in F was 45$... On ebay you could find it for 15$-20$ easily. :ninja:

When I was on Brighton I went into a souvenir shop and saw some russian imperial silver roubles and kopeks but the prices were too high. For example, a common 1897 rouble in F was 45$... On ebay you could find it for 15$-20$ easily. ;)

That's a shame. That area had the potential to carry some nice coins, with so many people immigrating to the US from the former Soviet Union. I'm sure that there's an interest there. Great business opportunity for anyone looking to open up a coin shop but doesn't know where :ninja:

That's a shame. That area had the potential to carry some nice coins, with so many people immigrating to the US from the former Soviet Union. I'm sure that there's an interest there. Great business opportunity for anyone looking to open up a coin shop but doesn't know where :ninja:

They have potential and they carry a lot of things .... but they are way to high overpriced, Brighton Beach is only for someone who is afraid of traveling to the city and does not speak english at all. Everything EVERYTHING has margin 150%.

So, that would be last place where i would go for coins

Archived