CoinPeople.com

Any reason for this high estimate?

bobh

It doesn't exist "PROVIDEVIT". It's a typo of the seller.

500 euro is the estimated price of a "Stempelglanz" (Unc) coin, not of a "Vorzuglich" (XF) one... Even the 40,000 mintage is a common one for the Swiss gold coins of that period.

Overestimated, in my opinion.

It doesn't exist "PROVIDEVIT". It's a typo of the seller.

500 euro is the estimated price of a "Stempelglanz" (Unc) coin, not of a "Vorzuglich" (XF) one... Even the 40,000 mintage is a common one for the Swiss gold coins of that period.

Overestimated, in my opinion.

It's actually 400,000 minted -- the highest of any year in the series, and also the most common date. The price for UNC in October 2009 for this date was CHF 256, or less than half of the estimate for this auction. "Vorzüglich" listed as CHF 231, and these are retail prices. "Stempelglanz" is given as CHF 470 (not Euros!)

"UNC" would correspond to MS-63 or thereabouts; "Stempelglanz" would be MS-65 or higher. It is indeed rare to find this series in true "Stempelglanz" because they did circulate widely (and occasionally still do, e.g. at markets and stock shows -- farmers like to pay for transactions for cattle, etc. sometimes with these gold coins, according to a local coin dealer).

One of the more common dates, but the estimate is set for €500 (about $750):

Am I missing something here? :ninja:

I have that exact coin in an PCGS MS63 holder and as much as I like it I would sell it for $750 in a heartbeat. A New York heartbeat.

Auction estimates are indeed getting out of hand. That coin is worth $275, maybe $300. Not $500 and certainly not $750.

It's actually 400,000 minted -- the highest of any year in the series, and also the most common date. The price for UNC in October 2009 for this date was CHF 256, or less than half of the estimate for this auction. "Vorzüglich" listed as CHF 231, and these are retail prices. "Stempelglanz" is given as CHF 470 (not Euros!)

Yes indeed it's 400,000 - it was my typo there. About the price for Stempelglanz, I have one old (2006) Money Trend magazine where the price is set to 460 euro.

I bought my Swiss misses from some expatriate Texan type guy that is exiled somewhere in Switzerland - probably over there searching out the real Swiss misses :ninja:

...But these ARE the real Swiss misses ... aren't they???

;)

As much as I love gold, nothing is better than a real woman :ninja:

Reminds me of an old joke:

Q: What's the difference between Heaven and Hell?

A: In Heaven ...

- the policemen are all British;

- the cooks are all French;

- the engineers are all German;

- the lovers are all Italian;

- and everything is organized by the Swiss.

In Hell:

- the policemen are all German;

- the cooks are all British;

- the engineers are all French;

- the lovers are all Swiss;

- and everything is organized by the Italians!

Need I say more? ... Well, yes:...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! ;)

I see.

Sorry. Not trying to single you out, you are probably more honest than Abe Lincoln.

Just a case of once bitten, twice shy. :ninja:

Archived