CoinPeople.com

Money Show of the Southwest

Mark Stilson

I think it's a fun show but way out of my travel abilities now. Very busy time at work. Have a good time and let us know about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm going to try to make it there about 12:00 Friday. Anybody here that sees a big ugly pony tailed hippie with a Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon tee shirt on. That's me. :ninja: BTW it has those fake white long sleeves and a big triangle on the front.

Not a t-shirt of these Pink Floyd logos?

Not totally safe for work

Mine doesn't look that good. :ninja:

Well, its snowing in Houston. The snow isn't sticking but its a wee bit cold. I may have to wear a little more then a long sleeve t-shirt. I'll probably have a lite gray coat over it or carrying it.

Well, saw Tony (Capt-AWACS) at the show. (He spotted me.) Saw Edwin (Edix2001) he was by the door just barely saw him. But by the time I registered and turned around he was off. He be da head honcho there. And very busy guy right now. :ninja:

Picked up some flips, a new 10x, 20x loupe, 2004 mint set, and 1881 S redfield morgan dollar. (Yep, common year , I have one already, and I bought the plastic. Just the right price. ) Pics later on the redfield dollar.

BTW, a short report on the show.

Not much of a crowd today. But there were a lot of really nice coins there. Just a lot of them a little high for my pocket book. There were bargains though. It did surprise me how much the 2004 mint set price has dropped. From in the $60-70 range down to the 20's. The redfield was a decent deal. I've known the dealer for a pretty good while so he made me a deal. A lot of dealer to dealer stuff going on. Lots of high end pretty 1800's US proofs, cameos, ms coins there. One of these times I really need to make it to a show early and take the time to go thru boxes of morgans looking for vams. I don't really do enough time doing that. It did surprise me how many dealers had really nice ancients (Civitas was one) and early stuff was there.

Archived