CoinPeople.com

Help to identify some notes

boydle

I picked up these 3 notes in a bunch of notgeld a while back and i have not been able to identify them any help would be appreciated.

Ultimatly i am after country/authority catalog number and a rough value any other information would also be appreciated.

Note 1

f1.jpg

b1.jpg

Note 2

f2.jpg

b2.jpg

Note 3

f3.jpg

b3.jpg

#3 is a German occupation note from Romania listed as M1 in Pick, printed in 1917 (no date on note). My older reference lists the note at VG - 50¢, VF - $2.00, Unc - $7.50.

bgrx.th.jpg

the photos are from my numsismatic catalogue BANCNOTELE ROMANESTI+ EDITIA I - 2009

Thanks,

Does your reference list all German occupation notes for Romania? If so how many different notes are there?

as you see in the table are 8 banknotes with the following nominations : 25 bani, 50 bani, 1 leu, 2 lei, 5 lei. 20 lei, 100 lei and 1000 lei. the 100 lei banknote is rare.

the catalogue contains:

all romanian banknotes from 1853

romanian notgelds

all german ocupation banknotes in world war Iall russian ocupation banknotes in WW2

all austro-hungarian ocupation in transylvania and bukovina banknotes 1900 - 1918 (stamped notes)

all habsburgic and austro-hungarian ocupation in transylvania and bukovina banknotes (1762-1900)

all romanian ocupation banknotes in transnistria in WW2

all 1848 revolution banknotes

probes

banknotes used in WW1 in romanian work camps from alsacia and lorena

is you are interesed the book is for sale.

#.... printed in 1917 (no date on note).... My older reference lists the note at VG - 50¢, VF - $2.00, Unc - $7.50.

the date is 29 january 1917 and the prices are VG 6 euro, VF 8 euro, aUNC/UNC 11-12 euro according to Bancnotele Romanesti+ Catalogue

the date is 29 january 1917 and the prices are VG 6 euro, VF 8 euro, aUNC/UNC 11-12 euro according to Bancnotele Romanesti+ Catalogue

To be honest, my personal opinion is that the prices for vg and vf quoted by you are a little bit higher.

Also looking at the scans of the pages it must be said that the low values (25 &50 bani, 1 leu) were not stamped officially in 1919 by the Romanian National Bank, who took charge of the replacement of this notes. They were stamped unofficially and they are, in my opinion, scarcer than the normal notes.

Unfortunatly, until now the Romanian banknotes are not properly studied and the rarity is purely speculative. For the french printed notes from 1881-1930/1940's the alphabets are not know, for the german notes printed in 1917 the numers are not considered a subtype (as in all the countries around Romania) for the notes printed from 1930-1940, the fractions have no importance, and for the notes after 1947, printed and inspired by the Soviet ones, no one studied the until now in a proper manner as Denisov for example for Russia& SU.

The 1917 notes were printed in Germany. As in all the notes from this country or other printed in Germany for Poland, Bulgaria etc. the number of numbers in serial or the prefix letters are important.

for example if the note will be printed in 11 million pieces, the 000001-999999 are only one million but from 1000000 to 99999999 are 9 million and from 10000000 to 109999999 another million. So the first and last types are scarce and the middle one rare.

Also the prefix letter if necesary is rare, if it is printed in the system. for example if a serial number is made from one letter and 6 numbers the counting will be A 000001 to A 999999 and then B 000001 to B 999999. And if the note was printed in 2500000 notes, the last letter will be authomatically scarce, the C will have only 500000 notes.

Romanian collectors have the advantage to deal with notes printed in France, Germany, Russia, UK, and with similar problems as the states mentioned above or others like Czechoslovakia or Poland. But it will be still a long time until a the Romanian Numismatic literature will be at the same level as the others.

Romanian collectors have the advantage to deal with notes printed in France, Germany, Russia, UK, and with similar problems as the states mentioned above or others like Czechoslovakia or Poland. But it will be still a long time until a the Romanian Numismatic literature will be at the same level as the others.

and don't forget the 500 lei 1991 bill who was printed in Switzerland? By the way when you mentioned Czechoslovakia I hope you didin't meant the 1952 red series because this bills have been printed at Groznak in URSS.

p.s. what bills were printed in Poland?

and don't forget the 500 lei 1991 bill who was printed in Switzerland? By the way when you mentioned Czechoslovakia I hope you didin't meant the 1952 red series because this bills have been printed at Groznak in URSS.

p.s. what bills were printed in Poland?

I am looking for red serials 5 Lei note in uncirculated, but prices much higher for red serials, so far I only have blue serials note:

romania5lei1952.jpg

Archived