CoinPeople.com

1812 2 kopeks

grivna1726

Here's a coin that I like especially for the date - 1812. I wonder about what turmoil it saw in the year that it was made as Russia was invaded by Napoleon and how this eventually resulted in his downfall as Russians chased him across Europe to Paris.

2k1812.gif

I have a strong affection to that date as well. But my guess is that this particular coin (EM) might have made its way to regions affected by the war only with some delay when the action was over and thus had seen none of that turmoil. It might have seen the chase, however.

Even during these day it takes a while before P mintmark coins show up here on the West Coast.

I have a strong affection to that date as well. But my guess is that this particular coin (EM) might have made its way to regions affected by the war only with some delay when the action was over and thus had seen none of that turmoil. It might have seen the chase, however.

Even during these day it takes a while before P mintmark coins show up here on the West Coast.

You are almost certainly correct and gxseries's 1812-СПБ example is far more likely to have seen the fighting and destruction of Napoleon's Grande Armée, which is one of the most important events in modern European history. Coins of that year are especially significant and meaningful.

À âîò ìîÿ ïðåëåñòü.

Âî ñêîëüêî îöåíèòå ?

Hello Mishutka,

Welcome to Coinpeople. Most of the members here are not Russian speaking/reading. It would be easier to read/answer your posts if you post in English. Google translator is quite nice.

Archived