CoinPeople.com

The "I'm bored" Contest rerevisited

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, you guys are doing pretty darn well for this "harder" contest. Once the last ones are found I will announce it and those who play will have a chance to choose their final ten answers. If anyone wants to join in this late in the game they may do so, but the prizes are not as nice for sniper contestants. :ninja:

6) Fox Burning: Best I can find but still not satisfied.

5048_Skoglund_foxGames_ContPhoto.jpg

5) Aesop's Tongue: Feeling good about the first one.

fox-and-lion.jpg

fox_crow.jpg

The new clues made me worry about one or two that I was pretty sure about.

haha...think you might beat me deadpoint. I don't even know where to start my image search. It appears that you think number 6 remains unsolved, while to me it appears that many are unsolved. I can't even find the pictures that match the descriptions. 1 is really throwing me for a loop with the added clue, as well as 6, 7, and 8.

I am trying my hardest to find the necessary images, but my efforts keep coming up dry...it doesn't help that there are only two participants searching :ninja:

Great win for the Sox today and hopefully the missing images will show up soon... Good luck

haha...think you might beat me deadpoint. I don't even know where to start my image search. It appears that you think number 6 remains unsolved, while to me it appears that many are unsolved. I can't even find the pictures that match the descriptions. 1 is really throwing me for a loop with the added clue, as well as 6, 7, and 8.

I am trying my hardest to find the necessary images, but my efforts keep coming up dry...it doesn't help that there are only two participants searching :ninja:

I'd elaborate about which I am uncertain about but this is a competition! ;) V, I'll give all the clues one more look-through later tonight but if I come up short, I may have to wave the white flag.

Great win for the Sox today and hopefully the missing images will show up soon... Good luck

Heck yeah! We're leading in wins and now runs vs. the Cubbies. (At the beginning of the first series this year, and after 11 years of playing - we were tied 33-33. 353 runs scored for the Cubs and 352 for the Sox.) Of course there is also the rain game we have to make up in September ;)

And someone mistakened my cap (see below) for a BoSox cap. UGH!

white_sox-old-school-logo-300x256.jpg

I look at the rain game as another easy victory :ninja:

I think it is possible that you got the last two necessary clues...waiting to hear from VFox

That somebody thought that was a Red Sox Cap shows the ignorance from many of today's sports fans.

Because we have very few players this time around I think I will give in, lol.

All ten images have been found, some a very short time ago, some quite a while ago.

For everyone who has posted on here, please post your final ten images!

The winners will be announced Friday! Good luck! :ninja:

Do you want us to post them for everybody to see, or would it be better to assign a number to each picture and send you a private message with the numbers? It seems like posting the pictures we felt were correct would help out everybody else. Just my opinion, but it's your contest. :ninja:

Well considering its only two, possible three players I don't think it matters all that much. Remember I never said which ones are correct, I just said they have been found. It is up to you as an individual to post which ones you personally think are correct.

Last year I did this with everyone posting their ten images and it worked out well, out of the many that played last year only one got all ten.

Ok. Here are my best guesses.

1) F is for..., F is for running?, Flash! (Early Childhood Reading)

redfoxrunning.gif

2) Fox stares at the reader, Creepy eyes, Does that fox have snake eyes? (Childhood reading)

The "Fox Eyes" picture crhunter used in post #20

3) The fox in, This book is DANGEROUS, Zoom out a bit (Early Childhood Reading)

fox%20in%20socks.jpg

4) A ledger is filled, A foxes bottom line, quill in hand (Economics) - way to go on this one, CR.

crhunter's image in post #26

5) Aesop's tongue, Why would a fox sit by a lion, water color, foxes tongue hangs out (Philosophy)

fox-and-lion.jpg

6) Fox burning, Grey walls Red foxes, Fox Games (Art)

5048_Skoglund_foxGames_ContPhoto.jpg

7) Mesopotamia's Roman equivalent, Bas relief with mother fox, stone carved feeding (Archaeology) - this was actually my favorite clue. I don't know why I first went to Rome's mother wolf I read the clue.

ISINLARSA2000BC_FOX.jpg

8) Bones that howl, tar put dropout, browned and bare (Paleontology)

my post #45 if copying the attachment doesn't work.

9) Vulpecula, Fox and goose butt-heads with a swan, the fox looks like he has a nice mustache (Astronomy)

Vulecp.jpg

10) Kitsune, kitsune left, neko right, kanji (Foreign language)

crhunter's post number #41 - another great find!

Thanks again for doing this, v! It was fun working with you, too, cr!

Alright...no need for me to repost the same pictures...i 100% agree with the Deadpoint on every clue...However, I really never understood the flash! clue. Can somebody explain that one?

Alright...no need for me to repost the same pictures...i 100% agree with the Deadpoint on every clue...However, I really never understood the flash! clue. Can somebody explain that one.

LOL!

I was going to say I conservatively guess I (and you) got 7/10 correct. But I would put money on 9 correct. That first clue is the one that I don't like. "Flash!" threw me off too!

Great minds think alike!

From those final 10 guesses I will find a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner based on accuracy and time posted. Good luck everyone!

Darn, I forgot about this rule... Looks like i got second to you DeadPoint....Congratulations to you and thanks for the contest VFox

That first one almost has to be right though because it has to be an early childhood book

I originally posted the other book but it didn't look like "early" childhood reading compared to the other book.

9781842705520.jpg

PS. cr, do you collect coins at all? I think most of your posts are in this thread!

I originally posted the other book but it didn't look like "early" childhood reading compared to the other book.

9781842705520.jpg

PS. cr, do you collect coins at all? I think most of your posts are in this thread!

Yeah, I collect coins, but I'm only 18 so I don't have a ton of capital to buy coins and I really don't have the knowledge about coins to help people out yet. Also, I get most of my coins through metal detecting and coin roll hunting. So I do collect coins, but I don't purchase them...I find them. I almost feel bad being in a contest when I haven't done that much for the forum.

Yeah, I collect coins, but I'm only 18 so I don't have a ton of capital to buy coins and I really don't have the knowledge about coins to help people out yet. Also, I get most of my coins through metal detecting and coin roll hunting. So I do collect coins, but I don't purchase them...I find them. I almost feel bad being in a contest when I haven't done that much for the forum.

We all have to start somewhere, right?

Art and ScottO need to post by Friday if they still intended on participating, if not, once they say so I will post the winners.

But because Crhunter and Thedeadpoint did most of the work, their prizes would be a little better. :ninja:

And if you two choose the same items then I will have to throw in a tie breaker. ;)

(Btw, who says any of them are right? ;) )

That's true deadpoint, but I would be happy to participate in a tiebreaker :ninja:

Plus, I would have posted mine before you, but i asked whether or not I should PM or publically post them.

I am happy either way, it's VFox's contest so he can decide

Considering it\'s likely only you two who have competed I could do two things. If ScottO and Art do not respond by Friday I could have you both the official winners of the contest. Or because it is only you two I could make a tie breaker to extend the competition into a first and second place.

Either way the prizes will be pretty similar, in the event of the tie breaker though, if you two agree to do it, I could include a more interesting prize to the winner of that. :ninja:

And it just so happens ;) is the best smiley, I\'m sarcastic, it\'s sarcastic, it\'s a win win with me, lol.

;) ;) ;):D :D :D

I will withdraw. I just haven't had time to do the searching. Sorry about that. It's a neat contest but it wouldn't be fair of me to jump back in at this late stage.

I will withdraw. I just haven't had time to do the searching. Sorry about that. It's a neat contest but it wouldn't be fair of me to jump back in at this late stage.

I appreciate the reply Art. Please feel free to join in again for year 4...and anyway, who knows what might show up with a shortsnorter. :ninja:

Okay...the deadline has passed so I am forced to announce that Thedeadpoint and Crhunter are the official winners for this years contest!

However I am asking if you two wanted to do a tie-breaker.

If you don't, let me know and I will balance the prizes, if you do let me know and I will include a little something extra to the winner.

Anyway, here is the tiebreaker clue. You guys have until Monday and then I am sending out the packages regardless if the clue is found. :ninja: (Btw, PM your addresses!)

The clue is based on Geography.

Clue: Fire lands, Western Ohio with foxing. [Hand colored]

Archived