CoinPeople.com

The "I'm bored" Contest rerevisited

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That may have been the easiest of the clues!

Excellent guess! And yes I left that one fairly easy so I could get this contest settled before the wedding.

Crhunter, the term foxing actually refers to dark or moldy spots on old paper. That term coupled with geography as a starting point is probably what lead Thedeadpoint to this image so readily.

So it's official then, Thedeadpoint is the winner!

But because you both chose the same images the first time around you two will be getting exactly the same prize packages for that. Thedeadpoint, being the first place winner will receive a braided hair large cent along with the original package.

And you guys know me well enough. ScottO and Art (I already have yours for the Shortsnorters) are encouraged to PM their addresses as well for a runner up prize just for participating. :ninja:

Thanks for playing guys! I really like doing these yearly "fox-hunts" so do remember for next year! ;)

Excellent guess! And yes I left that one fairly easy so I could get this contest settled before the wedding.

Crhunter, the term foxing actually refers to dark or moldy spots on old paper. That term coupled with geography as a starting point is probably what lead Thedeadpoint to this image so readily.

Nope! Didn't actually know what "foxing" meant! I searched "Fox map" as a hunch and that picture was one of the first 20 that Google displayed. I saw "Western" "Fire Lands" "Ohio" and "hand colored" in the caption... i figured that was a good guess.

I LOVE antique maps, so that was actually a fascinating clue for me.

Thanks for the extra credit prize!

Cr, I hope you start participating in the coin forums! Surely you've got stuff to share with the rest of us! :ninja:

Got my haul today! WOW! Sadly, I have to go out of town over the next few days and I won't be able to catalog it all, but WOW! Thanks a ton, V! I don't understand how you acquired so much and can afford to give it away! The soon-to-be-mrs.-vfox must not like your collection :ninja:

Got my haul today! WOW! Sadly, I have to go out of town over the next few days and I won't be able to catalog it all, but WOW! Thanks a ton, V! I don't understand how you acquired so much and can afford to give it away! The soon-to-be-mrs.-vfox must not like your collection :ninja:

I'm glad you like it. ;)

It's not that I send anything really valuable, but I figure a prize should certainly be worth winning. I'm a hoarder by nature, so I have a LOAD of stuff just sitting around, lol. As for the Mrs.Vfox, she doesn't mind the collection, she just doesn't want to see me spending as much on it, haha. ;)

I'm glad you like it. ;)

It's not that I send anything really valuable, but I figure a prize should certainly be worth winning. I'm a hoarder by nature, so I have a LOAD of stuff just sitting around, lol. As for the Mrs.Vfox, she doesn't mind the collection, she just doesn't want to see me spending as much on it, haha. :ninja:

I'm the opposite of a hoarder. I hate wasting money on duplicates (I've made some mistakes in the past). I don't think I've paid less than $40-$50 for a coin/note in years. With my small budget, that explains why I rarely ever post in my "new purchases" thread.

I'm the opposite of a hoarder. I hate wasting money on duplicates (I've made some mistakes in the past). I don't think I've paid less than $40-$50 for a coin/note in years. With my small budget, that explains why I rarely ever post in my "new purchases" thread.

To be honest I haven't purchased anything worth noting in the last four months or so. I just don't have the time or money to buy anything right now. However, I still have a rather large heap of junk sitting around that I still need to record and a lot that isn't even worth recording but I still bought in bulk anyway, lol.

I have been buying non-US notes and coins in bulk for well over 5 years, so I've amassed quite a pile of each. As for US and better date/ higher value non-US, well I buy it now and then, but lately, as I've said, I'm broke. :ninja:

Understandable, you're getting married!

Will you be posting pics of the big day?

In the asylum most likely, but yeah. :ninja:

Archived