CoinPeople.com

Dassier.... No Couldn't be

Thee_Immortal_One

So,

Search ebay for this title:

Russia Elizaveta Ruble 1757. Silver

Then you will find a "Dassier" ruble on the cheap. The last one I saw on ebay was the infamous slabbed fake.

Very rare Russian silver ruble of Elizaveta dated 1757. Coin is in good shape. Weight 25,3gr. Good luck.

Shipping 25 dollars!!!!! ;)

Result is simple - no bids so far... ;)

But if any - coud be a nice suvenier in memory of Dassier ruble in form of a modern fake :ninja:

Also this coin can better attract a Fake section ;)

So, Search ebay for this title: Russia Elizaveta Ruble 1757. Silver

Then you will find a "Dassier" ruble on the cheap. The last one I saw on ebay was the infamous slabbed fake.

Three problems:

1) I have photographs of 50 different Dassier roubles and the obverse die of this piece does not match any

of them.

2) Wrong mintmaster for the Dassier rouble.

3) This same reverse die is known paired with a Scot obverse. Again the wrong mintmaster and wrong eagle.

A definite fake as far I am concerned. The seller has been notified and it will be interesting to see if he responds

or pulls the auction.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120377185991

RWJ

So,

check this one from gold 1757 on ebay - 380103337349 :ninja:

Draftwire is back. Yes, that's the way to do it. Throw into the mix a few real 19th/20th century coins. Mix it in with fakes of expensive coins... and they will come. I tried multiple times to get this guy off Ebay, but greedy buyers will always be there... Check out this guy's feedback - 100%. Amazing...

fakedassierew8.jpg

Then you will find a "Dassier" ruble on the cheap.

At 99 cents, the price is fair. Unfortunately, that's the only thing about this "coin" that looks right to me.

The last one I saw on ebay was the infamous slabbed fake.

Would you (or anyone else) happen to have saved the images of that one? I would very much appreciate receiving them if you did. Thanks! :ninja:

Would you (or anyone else) happen to have saved the images of that one? I would very much appreciate receiving them if you did. Thanks!

I have a photo somewhere in my computer files of a slabbed fake Dassier rouble

but it dates from about 1997–1998. If I find it it will be sent to you but if memory

serves correctly it had the wrong eagle on the reverse (i.e. no notch in the wing

to the viewer’s right). The obverse was reasonably well done.

I called the grading company which said they would contact the seller and take

back the coin. What happened after that I do not know.

RWJ

Draftwire is back. Yes, that's the way to do it. Throw into the mix a few real 19th/20th century coins. Mix it in with fakes of expensive coins... and they will come. I tried multiple times to get this guy off Ebay, but greedy buyers will always be there... Check out this guy's feedback - 100%. Amazing...

Which of the others are fakes?

I have a photo somewhere in my computer files of a slabbed fake Dassier rouble

but it dates from about 1997–1998. If I find it it will be sent to you but if memory

serves correctly it had the wrong eagle on the reverse (i.e. no notch in the wing

to the viewer’s right). The obverse was reasonably well done.

I called the grading company which said they would contact the seller and take

back the coin. What happened after that I do not know.

RWJ

Thank you. I wonder if there is more than one slabbed fake, or if it is the same piece. :ninja:

Thank you. I wonder if there is more than one slabbed fake, or if it is the same piece.

I have not yet found my original photograph but it was used in RNS Newsletter 3 (spring 1999),

page 10. The caption mentions that another fake Dassier rouble had been illustrated in The

Numismatist for March 1999 (page 326).

RWJ

So,

Update: Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120377185991

check this one :

http://www.rusnumismat.ru/cat/b174.jpg

just to add to the previous post that this one is an original,

i posted it if anyone needs a pic of this one as it is from russian site...

just to add to the previous post that this one is an original,

i posted it if anyone needs a pic of this one as it is from russian site...

That appears to be the Sadanori Sekine coin, which was sold by Hess-Divo in 2007.

There is a link to it (and others) here. :ninja:

That appears to be the Sadanori Sekine coin, which was sold by Hess-Divo in 2007.

There is a link to it (and others) here. :ninja:

somehow russians bought it from there and listed on their site

rusnumismat.ru

now saying it is sold

somehow russians bought it from there and listed on their site

rusnumismat.ru

now saying it is sold

coming Kunker 150 genuine one:

http://www.sixbid.com/nav.php?p=viewlot&am...16&lot=2352

comes with no provenance...

So,

Update: Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120377185991

This fake sold for $1,200.00. ;)

The "lucky winner" is going to get a very nasty surprise if he/she ever tries to resell the "coin" to a reputable dealer or informed collector.

I wonder how much money ebay made on this deal? :ninja:

This fake sold for $1,200.00. ;)

The "lucky winner" is going to get a very nasty surprise if he/she ever tries to resell the "coin" to a reputable dealer or informed collector.

I wonder how much money ebay made on this deal? ;)

I missed the starting price to see ebay insertion fee but seller will be charged the following: 8.75% of the initial $25.00 {$2.19}, + 3.50% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 {$34.12}, + 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance {$1000.01 - closing value} - much or not much for selling fake coin? I agree that selling such coins is against any rules and policies, but let me note that a buyer got to be a greedy person if knew that genuine coin costs many times more than bought item :ninja:

• 1 month later...
This crude fake has been relisted.

Interestingly, its material composition is described as "Metal+Gold", whatever that means. :ninja:

this seller is probably out of his mind: he/she sells not only fake material but using somekind of trusty-historical user name as world-history-is-reflected-in-coins - failed in item description so much that it is shame on whole russian numismatics!

this seller is probably out of his mind: he/she sells not only fake material but using somekind of trusty-historical user name as world-history-is-reflected-in-coins - failed in item description so much that it is shame on whole russian numismatics!

I believe that the seller probably knows exactly what is being offered - a grotesque fake in some unknown (probably base) metal which has been plated to look like gold.

The story that "...Novodel from 1870 have been specially made from other metal that it was possible to distinguish Novodel coins from an Original coins !

This Russian Novodel of 10 Roubles 1757 - Novodel coin , and this is covered by a gold layer..." is, in my opinion, just a smoke screen for the gullible buyer who might become suspicious when his/her "gold" coin turns out not to be gold at all.

With metallic trash like this being openly sold there, it is no wonder that ebay has such a bad reputation.

Archived