CoinPeople.com

1797 AM 2 kop

BKB

True story -- Mr. Moulding could confirm it. On the second day of NY Coin Show I was practically forced by a friend to preview lots to be sold by Ponterio. Normally, I do not go there, for they do not sell a lot of Russian coins; and those that they do sell, -- I do not need. In a large lot of about 50 coins (mostly soviet garbage, some VERY nice 10 and 20 kop. pieces of Alexander II and Alexander III, a few ugly rubles 1878, 1893, 1896, etc.) I find this:

1797amud4.jpg

Looked better to me than the Aalborg specimen sold at Part III (I am sure I can clean this one to be shiny red, as well, but there would be less caverns). I bid enough to win, but not to attract too much unnecessary attention. :ninja: I was lucky to win it at my max bid. I think the auction house needed money... But, I am happy. Still need to do something about that green stuff. If it does not grow, I will leave it as is, for I do not know any safe way of getting it off.

True story -- Mr. Moulding could confirm it. On the second day of NY Coin Show I was practically forced by a friend to preview lots to be sold by Ponterio. Normally, I do not go there, for they do not sell a lot of Russian coins; and those that they do sell, -- I do not need. In a large lot of about 50 coins (mostly soviet garbage, some VERY nice 10 and 20 kop. pieces of Alexander II and Alexander III, a few ugly rubles 1878, 1893, 1896, etc.) I find this:

Looked better to me than the Aalborg specimen sold at Part III (I am sure I can clean this one to be shiny red, as well, but there would be less caverns). I bid enough to win, but not to attract too much unnecessary attention. ;) I was lucky to win it at my max bid. I think the auction house needed money... But, I am happy. Still need to do something about that green stuff. If it does not grow, I will leave it as is, for I do not know any safe way of getting it off.

Luuuuucccckkyyy! A very pretty Narrow Cipher :ninja:

Still need to do something about that green stuff. If it does not grow, I will leave it as is, for I do not know any safe way of getting it off.

Try olive oil ... we have discussed this in past threads on this forum. Experiment first with some more common coins if you wish ... but allow 1-2 months before you see any improvement; perhaps change the oil, and wait yet another 1-2 months. I think this will do the job.

Confirmed ;)

One of the best, and it may actually be the best, I've ever seen.

:ninja:

There are still treasures waiting to be found.... so let's keep on dreaming.....

....my favorite is the Avesta coin in a shabby lot of EM pyataks. ;) Sigi

There are still treasures waiting to be found.... so let's keep on dreaming.....

....my favorite is the Avesta coin in a shabby lot of EM pyataks. :ninja: Sigi

another variant...

Archived