CoinPeople.com

Coin book?

Mo!

Is there a book that would list coins as old as 1700 to now that i could use to identify my coins? It'd be even better if there were pics of each coin and also values.

The Krause book is useful but pricey, but you can probably check your local library as most will carry that book. If it's not in reference you can check it our and take a weekend and look them up, and any you can't find you can post photos here and folks can probably help.

Thanks guys, I'll go to the library tonight.

P.S. They are from all different countries, and half i don't even know which.

1. Sit down and make a list of as many coins as you can.

2. Attempt to describe them as best as you can with dates, names, markings, etc.

3. For the foreign coins there is a Wold Coin Forum right here you know.

4. If your in the USA and many of your coins are USA coins, you may want to invest in a copy of the Red Book. You should be able to purchase it from any coin store, coin show, coin related items on the internet. Someone once told me that Walmart web site for books had the cheapest price for that book. You can see what it looks like on the Whitman Web site.

5. DO NOT take your coins to a coin store and ask them. They will tell you they are worth about half.

6. When you finally find out or think you know some of what you have, go to the World Coin forum here and ask the foreign coin experts there.

7. Save a lot of problems and just send them all to me. :ninja:

Archived