CoinPeople.com

Best single numismatic magazine

schutzenfester

Hello,

Out of curiosity and because I'm interested in everyone's opinion; what do think is the best overall numismatic magazine/periodical?

I belong the the ANA and receive The Numismatist but have been thinking about subscribing to Coin World. I like the idea of a weekly periodical and if I subscribe at a certain rate ($57.97) I will receive Coin World (52 issues) and Coin Values (12 issues) plus access to the Digital Editions of Coin World & Coin Values, WorldWide Coins, Paper Money Values and access to Coin Values Online. The regular print subscription is $49.97 just for the 52 issues in print only.

I want to read articles related to world coins and medals as well as U.S. coins. Numismatic News has a lot of classifieds but that is not my emphasis. I would be very interested in first hand experiences of the members here.

1. Coin World

2. Numismatic News

3. The Numismatist

4. Coins Magazine

5. ???

Thanks for your feedback. :ninja:

I read Coin World and Numismatic News courtesy of my local library.

Usually whenever my wife has a project for me to do ("I need you to...") I mumble something and run off to said library for an hour of blissful silence and coin news.

Then I go home and do whatever needs to be done. :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

I think I was out of town and missed this thread. I read the Numismatist and rank it first. It has been years since I read Coin World and have not started again since most of my interests focus on foreign and exonumia. Otherwise, I think it is well done. I do subscribe to World Coin News. It is okay enough that I continue my subscription. I also receive the Bristish journal, The Medal, which is excellent and the ANS magazine which is hit or miss on items that might be of interest.

CoinWorld and the Numismatist for me. Neither actually garners very much attention, I consider most of the stuff filler and so so.

I've never seen the Numismatist.

I used to have Coin World paper and online subscriptions - online because I thought I'd be environmentally friendly but it as a hassle. I like the paper better. I can turn off the computer and read it in bed, on the john :ninja: , or even months later.

I also belonged to CoinAge once. When I go to B&N, I can find that there but not Coin World anymore. I like CoinAge because they have some very interesting articles and great images. That's also how I found Coinpeople.com!

But to answer your question, in my experience, my ideal choice would be Coin World when I have the time and money.

To me, Coin World is the better value. I don't subscribe, but I do buy an issue from time to time. I only subscribe to CDN (graysheets), but their feature writers can't write worth a doodle and come to the most bizarre conclusions sometimes. CW at least has capable writers.

Archived