CoinPeople.com

Please evaluate HenryIII Long Cross purchase!

NumisMattic2200

Please evaluate this Henry III penny if possible, I know there aren't many here that know too much about these and I haven't seen Clive in a while but maybe someone can help tell me if this was an okay sort of price to get this for?

Am I right in evaluating this as 'vf' from Spink as these are all highly similar, at least to new eyes. And what grade be it?

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200249924369

2u3wjlv.jpg

2j5hyc5.jpg

Please evaluate this Henry III penny if possible, I know there aren't many here that know too much about these and I haven't seen Clive in a while but maybe someone can help tell me if this was an okay sort of price to get this for?

Am I right in evaluating this as 'vf' from Spink as these are all highly similar, at least to new eyes. And what grade be it?

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200249924369

2u3wjlv.jpg

2j5hyc5.jpg

LINK This is your 'long cross', your is a higher grade.

VLC94LG.jpg VLC94 - ENGLAND, Henry III (1216-1272), Penny, 1.34g., Voided Long Cross Coinage, Class 5g, (1251-1272), Henry - London, crowned facing bust of Henry, HENRICVS REX III, rev., voided long cross with trefoil of pellets in each angle, HERNI ON LVNDE, (N.997; S.1373), almost very fine. $65

Ever so slightly off-centre and a strong fine in my opinion, not quite VF.

It is indeed Henri on London as your coin reads HEN RIO NLV NDE, overall a nice specimen and a good way to start you off! Let me know if you ever need any hammered help.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, been in intensive care for a while and this is first access to computer in days.

Ever so slightly off-centre and a strong fine in my opinion, not quite VF.

It is indeed Henri on London as your coin reads HEN RIO NLV NDE, overall a nice specimen and a good way to start you off! Let me know if you ever need any hammered help.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, been in intensive care for a while and this is first access to computer in days.

Sorry to hear about your illness Clive -hope you are well enough now tho'..

And thanks for the help...

Thank you very much gentlemen, it is much appreciated! :ninja:

Speedy recovery Clive.

Getting hammered most days can't help ;)

Speedy recovery Clive.

Getting hammered most days can't help ;)

Thanks Peter, I drink very rarely so I can get my usual dose of hammered most days! :ninja:

Archived