CoinPeople.com

Chinese Fake Coins

Lithuania

This should be stuck in the Fake Coin Forum, but yes these fakes are coming at us a mile a minute from China.

Then we'd have Glow-in-the-Dark counterfeit coins. :ninja:

I'm half surprised they arn't struck on depleted uranium already lol.

Hi,

interesting article about the fake Chinese made coins. When I was browsing recently on eBay I saw lots's of good quality of old US coins.

I thought wow... who has kept them for all the years.... Now I know there the stuff comes from.... hahahaha.... China.

Chris

Hi,

interesting article about the fake Chinese made coins. When I was browsing recently on eBay I saw lots's of good quality of old US coins.

I thought wow... who has kept them for all the years.... Now I know there the stuff comes from.... hahahaha.... China.

Chris

Not all of it comes from China. In fact many nice coins on eBay are real...you just have to know what to look for. Familiarize yourself with these fakes and you should know what to bid on and what not to bid on. And also ask us, we are helpful for that. :ninja:

Wish it was that simple, some of the best known auction houses and most knowledgeable dealers and collectors have been fooled by good fakes...by this I mainly mean ancients but I am sure a good enough fake of any coin can fool even the most knowledgeable collector, especially when buying them on the web before you can hold it in your hand. When I see experts divided as to whether a coin is real or fake and a conclusion cannot be drawn...thats what makes me go hmmmm....

Wish it was that simple, some of the best known auction houses and most knowledgeable dealers and collectors have been fooled by good fakes...by this I mainly mean ancients but I am sure a good enough fake of any coin can fool even the most knowledgeable collector, especially when buying them on the web before you can hold it in your hand. When I see experts divided as to whether a coin is real or fake and a conclusion cannot be drawn...thats what makes me go hmmmm....

It's the same with Cob and 8 reale coinage.....like 35+% on eBay is fake and even some coins that have been deemed legit (Like the 8 reale of Charles and Joanna which is said to be "unique") seem to have brough much controversy with them.

Archived