CoinPeople.com

For real?

allen.moore

Does anyone have an opinion on the "genuineness" of this dealer's offerings? I believe his name is Viktor Kempf?

http://coins.ua-ru.com/

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Known on eBay as joannem2816... I have never dealt with this seller, but I think the eBay user name will ring a bell with some people here.

Curious, but a quick glance at this website did not reveal anything close to genuine in any section until Nik 1

No need for a fakes listing on this forum, just go to online stores such as this ;)

Someone should tell Akdrv that coinpeople's "fake coins" forum is redundant. :ninja:

But break it to him gently... ;)

An interesting collection, I have never seen so many different counterfeited russian coins all in one go.

The impression of this marketing is such that the few genuine pieces must have mistakingly entered into this sale.

With this we are perhaps having a foresight to the russian coin market of the future, with the difference that the counterfeits will get better and better.

There are a couple of ebay sellers that do sell such coins as replicas. I personally don't mind replica as long as they explicitly say it is as well as the price is "reasonable". However it's obvious that the current seller is just selling a bunch of garbage. I pity the buyers.

I know that this question has come up before, and I know that many people feel that there is a market for fakes, or the so called well documented "replicas". With the increasing quality of fakes the obvious concern is that while you, gxseries, and generally ethical people, would always let others know that a coin is a fake, how many would give in to the temptation of misrepresenting a good fake as the genuine item, especially if they fall on hard times? :ninja:

Does anyone have an opinion on the "genuineness" of this dealer's offerings? I believe his name is Viktor Kempf?

http://coins.ua-ru.com/

Thanks in advance for your advice!

His website is registered in Vancouver, British Columbia, but he seems to have

connections in Washington State as well, if memory serves correctly.

RWJ

Archived