CoinPeople.com

Gold is toxic!

willieboyd2

Copper wires are used to detonate the terrorist bombs, so if you don't want to be charged send all your copper to me. I'm in a bomb squad, I know how to handle it!

Wow. Cool. What's your job in the squad? I assume everyone isn't that stereotypical guy who cuts the red wire... or is in the green wire... or is it the red wire... at the last minute.

It's not my actual job. Here explodes something only at Christmas time: fireworks. But, as a reserve officer my duty is (and) to neutralize the unexploded bombs. I still have some books around about how to recognize and neutralize US and German ammo - mostly from WWII.

...that stereotypical guy who cuts the red wire... or is in the green wire... or is it the red wire... at the last minute.

Everyone knows it's the wire that looks like a glowstick, but they just never cut it... Honestly...

glowstick.jpg

:ninja:

It's not my actual job. Here explodes something only at Christmas time: fireworks. But, as a reserve officer my duty is (and) to neutralize the unexploded bombs. I still have some books around about how to recognize and neutralize US and German ammo - mostly from WWII.

Have you found any German or US ammo from after WWII?

A few weeks ago a farmer tried to sell 2000 pounds of bombs from WWII on a public market

The police and bombsquad were called and he got on TV and probable needed a good lawyer to keep

him out of jail

Here in Belgium the axis England Belgium Germany every year bombs are found

On top of that I live in the town that repaired railroad cars

Some English bombers managed to miss us by 10 miles :ninja:

I am told when it was to foggy they just dumped their load . They distroyed my parents house too .

Of course no!

During the retreat of German army in September 1944 tons of ammo were dumped into Timis river (8 km from my town) and every year dozens of mortar shells are recovered. From lasts Allied bomber raids in spring 1944 last year were found 2 bombs of 250kg in our central park. US ammo... The standard procedure is to evacuate the ammo to an artillery training camp, buring them in a 2m hole with some TNT and BOOM!

It's not my job in peace time, it;s the Civil Defense duty. I am just a reserve leutenant - as all of engineers, doctors etc graduated during communist regime - moved from paratroopers to genius because my unit was disbanded (like 3/4 of Romanian army) and because of my civil engineering licence.

That very rarely happens here since obviously outside of Pearl Harbor, we were never bombed. But I thought I remember a news story from a year or so ago where they found a huge amount of ammo that was either dumped in the ocean or buried somewhere in New Jersey I think.

Many German bombs are found when building work goes on in our cities, mainly our port and harbour towns as they were more heavily bombed. These towns and cities being ones such as London, Plymouth, Coventry, Portsmouth etc...

Clive.

"outside of Pearl Harbor, we were never bombed"

So what was the Unabomber doing?

Hehe... one of the things I'm most proud of about my school is that the Unabomber made his first two bombing attempts here. Then he tried donating to our library a year or two ago but we already had what he wanted to give.

Archived