CoinPeople.com

Few pics from NUMISMATA coin fair Munich 2008

banivechi

Was the coin show food good? Here in the USA they always have coin shows where the food is better for making one wish they hadn't eaten it.

Was there a lot of pre-€uro coins, or mostly €uro era coins being sold?

Food? Hmmm, some sandwiches, a coffee corner and beer.

About coins, indeed the offer of euro coins was huge - I appreciate min 25% of sellers had euro sets for sale. But pre-euro coin were the main offer, from roman, byzantine, medieval to exotic coins you found there anything imaginable. Even US slabbed coins I saw... (I think 10 coins :ninja: ).

I'be bought a nice Danzig 1 gulden 1923, 1 rupee German East Africa 1907, the last Cyprus 1 pound coin (50 years treaty of Rome), a superb Yemen 2 riyals 1969 (if you remember the Unknown's avatar!), one Saint Gaudens 1922, some Russian coins, etc.

And euro sets, of course: Malta (in special folder Numismata 2008) and Cyprus.

Food? Hmmm, some sandwiches, a coffee corner and beer.

About coins, indeed the offer of euro coins was huge - I appreciate min 25% of sellers had euro sets for sale. But pre-euro coin were the main offer, from roman, byzantine, medieval to exotic coins you found there anything imaginable. Even US slabbed coins I saw... (I think 10 coins ;) ).

I'be bought a nice Danzig 1 gulden 1923, 1 rupee German East Africa 1907, the last Cyprus 1 pound coin (50 years treaty of Rome), a superb Yemen 2 riyals 1969 (if you remember the Unknown's avatar!), one Saint Gaudens 1922, some Russian coins, etc.

And euro sets, of course: Malta (in special folder Numismata 2008) and Cyprus.

How dare you post pics of yourself, backpack and all, but no pics of coins. :ninja:

What I noticed right away is the tall dividers and displays. You can't see more than 10 meters away. At least the shows I go to in the US, you can see from one side of the massive room to the other. No tall displays or dividers or ads, etc

What I noticed right away is the tall dividers and displays. You can't see more than 10 meters away. At least the shows I go to in the US, you can see from one side of the massive room to the other. No tall displays or dividers or ads, etc

Yeah, how are you going to see Heinrich mining his nostrils and consuming the contents thereof from across the room? :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely I will be in Wien next year! It's at (only) 500 km from here - exactly at half way to Munich! Except the formal stop at RO-HU border (where I buy both highway vignettes for HU and A) there are no other obstacles to arrive in Wien in 5 hours.

The vendors there aren't newbies, but as usual isn't impossible to find bargains. Most sellers are specialized, and if one is focused onto German coins for example, and in his albums or boxes you will find one rare variety of a 1917 double strike Lincoln cent you can buy it at 50 cents.

Or, you can find in the boxes of scrap silver some rare years of Austrian-Hungarian coronas. But not to hope to find an Saint Gaudens double eagle under bullion value + 30%....

Archived