CoinPeople.com

1996 Silver Eagle and 1932 Silver Peso

Kristofer

I didn't buy the coin because it was graded. I know it's a no name grading company, I got it for a great price. The 1932 Peso I got from jtryka. It's been a good week to me. Sorry the SAE is blurry, its because I have a bad scanner and the coin is encased. :ninja:

2284541591_1aa06d615e.jpg

One can never go wrong with a nice hunk of silver, or basically any silver from Mexico. :ninja:

Nope, nearly all coins I own are silver. For me it's like a two for one. I get these wonderful piece of history AND they're made from a precious metal. It makes me happy to know that American Coinage was done in silver (for the most part), because that's probably a good 30% of my draw to them.

Glad you like the peso, one of my favorite designs! The eagle is nice too, and the key date to the business strikes! I remember people laughing at me for paying $120 for my roll of 1996 eagles back then, after all, silver was worth less than $5 an ounce, why would anyone pay that much!?!?

Glad you like the peso, one of my favorite designs! The eagle is nice too, and the key date to the business strikes! I remember people laughing at me for paying $120 for my roll of 1996 eagles back then, after all, silver was worth less than $5 an ounce, why would anyone pay that much!?!?

Wow!! Imagine if you had kept the whole roll!?!?

No reason to be ashamed, I've been collecting for almost 30 years, so when you get to your 30th year of collecting I am sure you'll be surprised at what you've collected.

[30 years into the future]

Jtryka: Whoa, you've got a 2013 Silver Eagle?

Kristofer: Yep, I purchased a whole roll. People were laughing at me when I paid $2,500.00 for it because silver was only at $105.00 an ounce.

Jtryka: Wow, too bad you didn't keep the roll.

Kristofer: I did. You remember 30 years earlier we had this similar conversation, then I wrote a mock 30 years into the future scene. Isn't it funny that the scene came true?

Archived