CoinPeople.com

If you were a SERIES, which would you be?

thedeadpoint

If you were a series, which would you be?

I'm not asking exclusively about design. Also take into account rarity, varieties, mints, collectability, populrity with collectors, etc.

I need to think about this one for a few.

I also think this forum needs more action, it's been sleepy the last few weeks.

I'd be the Mexican libertad so I could hide all of the other libertads from the perverts on this board ;):ninja:;)

Like the Classic Head half cent:

I'm odd and have little purchasing power.

Some of my years were exceptional; others were fairly common.

I've developed a slight edge over the years.

My surface is inclined to be porous.

I stopped exposing my cleavage.

I'm never seen without my Liberty headband. :ninja:

Not that I can afford them anymore (I only own one) but the Indian $10 Gold Eagles are a beautiful series.

You're beautiful and unaffordable?

Yes, and apparently extremely confused too... :ninja:

Haha..

I meant which coin series best personifies you?

For example, I could say I'm the Franklin Half Dollar:

- I'm not the most popular

- I'm not the most valuable right off but when people get to know me and see me at my best, i'm worth MUCH more than face value

- I'm a tribute to a great man from the past

- I'm a scientist and curious person at heart

- I've got some interesting varieties

Haha..

I meant which coin series best personifies you?

For example, I could say I'm the Franklin Half Dollar:

- I'm not the most popular

- I'm not the most valuable right off but when people get to know me and see me at my best, i'm worth MUCH more than face value

- I'm a tribute to a great man from the past

- I'm a scientist and curious person at heart

- I've got some interesting varieties

And a crack in your reverse. :ninja:

Good question though silly. Lets see now. The new baby dollars no one wants and I like being wanted. Any Half Dollar of recent times is about the same. The older ones are too expensive and I don't like expenses. The recent Washington Quarters have outlived the state thing so will soon be fading away. Standing Liberty Quarters are usually all worn out looking. All sitting Liberty coins are also outdated and makes me think of old age. Jefferson Nickels are useless and worthless. Roosevelt Dimes are to small and I don't feel small. Mercury Dimes are really great looking but they too are to small. So that just about leaves the Lincoln Cent. I feel like I've got some CENTS, I make CENTS, I collect CENTS, I think I'll be a CENT. If not I'll be a tea kettle.

Good question though silly. Lets see now. The new baby dollars no one wants and I like being wanted. Any Half Dollar of recent times is about the same. The older ones are too expensive and I don't like expenses. The recent Washington Quarters have outlived the state thing so will soon be fading away. Standing Liberty Quarters are usually all worn out looking. All sitting Liberty coins are also outdated and makes me think of old age. Jefferson Nickels are useless and worthless. Roosevelt Dimes are to small and I don't feel small. Mercury Dimes are really great looking but they too are to small. So that just about leaves the Lincoln Cent. I feel like I've got some CENTS, I make CENTS, I collect CENTS, I think I'll be a CENT. If not I'll be a tea kettle.

That's just about the jolliest thing Carl's ever said!

I guess I'd go with something foreigh, the tête chartrain series:

912672.jpg

Abstract, mysterious, often misunderstood, and largely under appreciated.

But, oh the stories I have to tell. Fascinating when you get to know me.

I would be the lovely gal on the Morgan Dollar.

She is elegant, has a classic profile, lovely curly hair... but I would sans the hat and get something a little more stylish.

Nothing much to say about the reverse... as an eagle it is a bit wimpy.

As far as varieties and such, forget it, as I feel lucky to have gotten the three I have.

Corky

Nothing much to say about the reverse... as an eagle it is a bit wimpy.

Let me guess: your husband is a lumberjack who cuts down large trees with his bare hands and then uses them as toothpicks after a large meal of still-beating bear hearts and a small side salad.

Let me guess: your husband is a lumberjack who cuts down large trees with his bare hands and then uses them as toothpicks after a large meal of still-beating bear hearts and a small side salad.

MORE LIKE A SMALL SIDE SALAD OF DEATH!!!! and cherry tomatos.

Hard Times Merchant tokens.

I'm not of all that use to society at large but to the people who need me I'm indispensable.

I may not be as well made as other series but I can look pretty cool from time to time!

Archived